How I Met Your Mother S03E09 - Slapsgiving 小筆記


How I Met Your Mother S03E09 - Slapsgiving

這集來看看Thanksgiving怎麼變成Barney的惡夢咧XD

IMDB:
Marshall warns Barney that the third slap in their "slap bet" will be coming on Thanksgiving night. Meanwhile, Ted and Robin sleep together on the night before Thanksgiving.

---------------------------------------

1)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNeBZdEmqrg

自從Ted和Robin分手後,他們的關係有點尷尬…
--
這次第一部份來點不一樣的。
累了嗎?來聽首歌吧~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQwsj6IRw2I

這是Marshall另外特別唱的哦XD
--
[At the apartment]
Ted from 2030: Back when we were dating robin and I had this running joke. We were the only two people in the world who found it funny.
Barney: No way! March does not have 31 days.
Marshall: Yes, it does! Everyone knows that. It's like general knowledge.
Ted & Robin: General knowledge.
Ted from 2030: And we did it all the time.

[At the Bar]
Lily: Isn't it sad? I mean in 2007, some countries actually still condone corporal punishment.
Ted & Robin: Corporal punishment.
Ted from 2030: Because once you start, it's surprisingly hard to stop.

[At the apartment]
Marshall: Oh, man, I got a kernel stuck in my teeth.
Ted & Robin: Colonel stuck-in-my-teeth.
Others: Please stop! I hate you! You're killing me!
Ted from 2030: But now, we were broken up,so when Marshall said...

[At the bar]
Marshall: But after the first year,I get a major pay raise.
Ted from 2030: We just let it slide. You see, on the surface, Robin and I looked like we were doing great. But the truth is, trying to be friends with your ex is a lot harder than it looks. You can't be as candid as you used to be.

[At the apartment]
Ted: So then this hot intern leans over my desk, I can totally see she has a pierced... (Robin and Lily walk across the room) Brosnan. Pierce Brosnan is my favorite of all the bonds.
--
.running joke:
又稱為running gag,其實就一直重複不斷出現的哏,就像這集Ted和Robin一直在找的諧音哏一樣。

.condone:寬恕、抵消

.corporal:
肉體的。
也指下士、班長。這裡他們就在玩這個雙關。

.kernel:果仁、果核

.colonel:和kernel音很相近,上校

.let it slide:
就讓它過去了,也就是維持現狀;
=leave things as they are; to not change or disturb a situation.

.candid:坦白的

.pierced:有穿洞的,耳洞就是pierced ears
呃,至於這裡是哪裡穿洞呢:3

.Pierce Brosnan
皮爾斯•布蘭登•布洛斯南,熟悉007的人應該都知道他吧XD




2)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNeBZdEmqrg#t=207

Marshall好狠心,居然要在Thanksgiving賞Barney巴掌XD
--
[END OF FLASHBACK]
Barney: Wait, you're gonna slap me on Thanksgiving?
Marshall: Slapsgiving.
Barney: That's not allowed. Lily, you're the slap bet commissioner, is that allowed?
Lily: The hostess in me who's using her wedding china for the first time wants to say hell, no, but yeah, I 'm going to allow it.
Barney: Well, you know what? If you're trying to freak me out about spending Thanksgiving...
Marshall: Slapsgiving.
Barney: ...at your place, then you failed. Truth is, I'm not scared.
Marhall: Really?
Barney: Right. Cause you blew it. The worst part about getting slapped is not knowing when it's going to happen. But now I know exactly when I'm gonna get slapped. So, you took all the suspense out. You showed your hand.
Marshall: And thursday at 3:01 p.m., your face is going to show my hand.
Robin: Oh, there's Bob! By the way, heads up, he's a little bit older than us.
Ted: How old is he?
Robin: He's forty-one. Hey, bob! Over here!
Ted from 2030: Okay, kids, the truth is, Bob probably looked like this.
(A fortyish-looking kind of man enters the bar)
Bob: Hey, sweetie.
Robin: Hi.
--
。You blew it
你搞砸了!(http://goo.gl/luYmZ3)



。showed your hand
有點像是中文的「亮了底牌」
即,讓別人預先知道你的意圖。

。heads up
提醒、小提示。
這是從棒球賽為了要提醒觀眾小心別被球打到而來的:p
e.g. I just want to give you a heads up on that!
好像有個遊戲就是以這個為名XD (http://goo.gl/aWKyW4)




3)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNeBZdEmqrg#t=262

當你的Ex交了新男/女朋友後,就算你們是和平分手,也常常會看不順眼對方XD
這完全是Ted現在的寫照啊。
--
Ted from 2030: But when your ex is dating someone new, your mind tends to accentuate their flaws. This is how I saw bob.
(Bob looks now like an eighty-years-old man)
Bob: Hey, dudes,what's crackin'?.
Ted: Hey, man, how are you?
Bob: Good to meet you. Sorry I'm late. I just got off the phone with my parents.
Ted: Parents?
Bob: They were totally on my case: "What are you gonna do with your life? You're forty-one." and I'm like, "Chillax, snowboarding is a crackin career. you ought to be stoked I found my bliss." and speaking of bliss, sugar me, baby. (Robin and Bob kiss)
Robin: Let's go get a drink. (Bob and Robin goes away)
Ted: Unbelievable. Robin is dating Orville Redenbacher.
Lily: What are you talking about? He's forty-one.he looks great.
Marshall: Yeah, du he's in pretty good shape. He could probably kick your ass.
Ted: How are you guys not seeing this? He's 150; Robin's 27. Barney, come on,what do you got?
Barney: Nothing but respect for that man.
Lily: Oh, by the way, we're all baking pies at robin's tomorrow. Marshall can't be trusted in the apartment with pies overnight.
Marshall: For the millionth time, sleep-eating is a very serious and delicious medical condition.
Ted: Hey, uh, what time are you guys going to robin's?
Lily: 7:30.
Ted: Perfect. Just to be safe, I'll get there like 8:00, 8:30.
--
。accentuate
強調,也是英文的重音符號、以重音讀出的意思

。flaw:缺點

。what's crackin':
= What's going on? 問候語

。Chillax
= Chill (out) + Relax,冷靜、放鬆啊~
(看到這隻駱馬反而放鬆不了XD http://goo.gl/auvQpP



。sugar me
= Kiss me
Sugar可以用來當作Kiss的意思>//<

。Orville Redenbacher
一位知名的爆米花代言人XD
這裡Ted在婊Bob看起來很老XD (http://goo.gl/zAThgz)




4)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNeBZdEmqrg#t=335

本來為了避免尷尬,Ted很晚才到Robin家,沒想到......
--
[At Robin's]
Ted: Sorry I'm late. Where are Marshall and Lily?
Robin: Uh, they just called. They're both super swamped preparing for tomorrow.
Ted: Is Bob coming?
Robin: No, he went to see green day.
Ted: So it's...
Ted and Robin: ...just the two of us.
Robin: Making pies.
Ted: Pies. They're things that friends make together.
Robin: Yeah, they do.
Ted: Great.
Robin: Yeah.
Ted: Great. Well, this is great. It'll give us a chance to catch up.
Robin: Yeah.
Ted: I'm going to make a phone call. (On the phone with Barney who is at the Bar) Hey, it's me. Listen, you have to come over here and make pies.
Barney: Yeah, I'll be there, absolutely.
Ted: Oh, awesome, you're a lifesaver. It's still kind of weird being alone with Robin, but if you were here...
Barney: Hey, say no more. I mean, when I pulled you out of that burning wreckage, I wasn't doing it to have a battleship named after me. But if you insist, yes, I'll be there for the christening.
Ted: You're hitting on someone right now, aren't you?
Barney: No, I'm not going to wear the medal of honor. That would just be tacky.
Ted: So you're not coming to make pies.
Barney: No, no. Thank you, Mr. President. (He hung up) Sorry.
--
。swamp (http://goo.gl/nRMHjw)
原本指沼澤。沒錯,就是史瑞克的那種沼澤;
後來因為如果掉到沼澤,就會越陷越深,所以也有這個意思;或是忙得抽不出身之類的;)



。catch up
聊聊天、了解近況

btw,我們常吃的蕃茄醬叫做ketchup,唸起來很像哦~ (http://goo.gl/hziopO)
這個英文應該是從別的語言借來的,有人還認為是從閩語的「茄汁」來的XD
究竟如何?如果好奇可以來看黃居仁的這篇:http://goo.gl/csOlkB



。say no more
我知道,不用再說了

。wreckage
殘骸

。christening
命名典禮;也是洗禮儀式

。tacky
很俗氣的


5)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNeBZdEmqrg#t=596

因為Bob,Robin和Ted大吵了一架。

--
[FLASHBACK]
Ted: The only reason I'm jealous of Bob is that we can only talk about the first Thanksgiving, but he was actually there.
Robin: Come on.
Ted: The only reason I'm jealous of Bob is because I heard Noah gave him shotgun in the ark.
Robin: Ted...
Ted: The only reason I'm jealous of Bob is that I'm just an architect, but he discovered fire. How do you top that?
Robin: He's 41! Why are you bashing on him so hard?
Ted: I'm not. I'm just joking around. That's what friends do.
Robin: It's mean.
Ted: Well, how come we're all allowed to bust on Barney when he dates some skanktron, but when you sleep with the crypt keeper's dad, I'm not allowed to say a word?
Robin: First of all, Bob and I are not sleeping together. We're just dating. Secondly, have I said one word about the parade of dubious conquests you've been marching past me the last few months? One of whom got you a butterfly tattoo?
Ted: Hey, that is...
Robin: And if you and I are such good friends... why is baking a pie for Bob so weird?
Ted: Yeah, if you and i are such good friends, why couldn't you just tell me that's what we were doing? Okay, maybe we should talk about this later. I-I should get going.
Robin: Well, what are we doing? It's Thanksgiving.
Ted: I don't know. I'm sorry. This is stupid.
Robin: I'm sorry, too. Of course we're friends. I'm glad we're friends.
Ted: me, too. (They hug and then kiss)
--
。ark
(聖經的)方舟
Noah's ark也就是諾亞方舟囉~(http://goo.gl/aTBlbW


。bash
痛擊、攻擊

。bust on
打擊

。skanktron
skank中的skank;
呃那什麼是skank呢?well,可以來看一下Urban的解釋
(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Skank)
這裡的話就像bxxch的意思

。crypt
地下室、土窖
巴黎有個很有名的地窖,可以自行google "crypt paris",或來看看這兒:http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/巴黎地下墓穴
我小時候閉著眼睛進去過…
因為裡面的圖我怕有人如我一樣膽小會怕,所以放個入口照給大家看看吧~(http://goo.gl/izZx75

不過這裡是指一個動畫《Tales from the Cryptkeeper》
因為圖片有圖可怕我就不放上來了Q_Q

。dubious
曖昧的、含糊的





沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...