How I Met Your Mother S03E02 - We're Not from Here 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S03E02 - We're Not from Here

本集討論CCR?!
Ted和Barney假扮遊客去把妹;
Robin受不了他的新男友了。

IMDB:
Ted and Barney pose as tourists to pick up on a couple of New York women, and Robin starts getting fed up with her new boyfriend.


--------------------------------------------------


1)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJWyqEARpc

Marshall和Lily結婚後,仍然有很多事情要處理。
像是death folder之類的...
--
[The Bar - Ted/Barney/Marshall/Lily]
Ted: So, beeing married, different ? Not different ?
Marshall: It's the same. Mostly, except I think I might be getting carpal tunnel. My hands keeps cramping up.
Barney: I think the whole point of getting married was that you didn't have to do that anymore.
Marshall: No, it's from writing all the thank you notes. Mostly.
Lily: Yeah. You're writing constantly. There's forms we have to sign, our death folders, thank you notes...
Barney: Whoa. Whoa. What are death folders ?
Lily: It's this thing they recommend you do in case one spouse died unexpectedly.
Marshall: It's all the information your spouse might need all in one convenient location.
Lily: Yeah. Account info, important addresses, a letter to the other person, all that stuff. I'll get the next round.
Ted: Thanks.
(Lily leaves)
Marshall: I am such a jerk.
Barney: Yeah. Wait, why ?
Marshall: I didn't know that I was supposed to write a letter. All Lily's gonna find in that folder are a bunch of bank statements and a funny list of things to do with my ashes.
Ted: Marshall brownies.
Marshall: Number six. Yeah. Oh, God, I am a bad husband. No, uh, no, I'll just write, I'll write Lily a letter tonight, everything'll be fine.
Barney: That's right. Unless... you die between now and then. Ooh. But, come on, that's never gonna happen.
Ted: Yes ! There is one thing we can state with absolute certainly, it's that Marshall Eriksen is not going to die before writing that letter.
Barney: No way at all. In fact, I dare God to smite down this perfectly healthy...
Marshall: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ! I get it, okay, you guys know I'm a little superstitious, and you guys are trying to freak me out. Well, guess what ? It didn't work. So, there.(Marshall knocks the table three times, throw salt behind his shoulder and turns a lot of times...) You guys are jerks !(He leaves)
--
.carpal tunnel:腕隧道症候群。
俗稱滑鼠手,是一種常見的職業病,多發於電腦(鍵盤、滑鼠)使用者、木匠、裝配員等需要做重覆性腕部活動的職業。女性發生此疾病的比例為男性的3~10倍

.cramp:抽筋

.I think the whole point of getting married was that you didn't have to do that anymore.
這是因為Barney在說:我以為結婚後就不用自己來了:3

.death folders:
有點像是遺書,總之就是為了避免自己意外過世,會先寫下一些事情以便交代後事。
像是密碼、財產分配等等。

.spouse:配偶

.smite:打、懲罰。這裡特別指上天給的天懲。

.superstitious:迷信的
Marshall的確超迷信的啊XDDD

.knocks the table three times:
knocking on wood,因為樹木或是木製十字架都有庇佑功能,因此敲打木頭可以帶來好運或平安。如果提到不好的事情,也不願一語成讖招來厄運,也會輕敲木頭避免厄運真的來到。

.throw salt behind his shoulder:spilling salt,歐洲的習俗。即是驅邪、避邪。
在日本好像也是一樣。




2)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJWyqEARpc#t=144

Robin從阿根廷回來後,變成非常不一樣的人:p
--
[The Bar - Robin/Ted/Lily/Barney]
Robin: And here I am at the drum circle.
Barney: Whoa. Are you topless ? Ted, check this out.
Ted: Seen 'em.
Lily: Wow. It seems like a great trip.
Robin: Oh, it was. I feel like the Robin who left is not the same Robin who came back, you know.
Lily: Wow. There's a lot of nude people in here.
Barney: You haven't changed, Scherbatsky. You're a sophisticated, scotch-swilling, cigar-smoking, red-meat-eating, gun-toting new yorker.
Lily: Just shoes and a shirt. That's a look.
Barney: What you are not is a massage-giving, windsurfing, bongo-playing, teetotaling, vegan, peacenik, hippy like you soon to be ex-boyfriend, Gael. Back me up here, Ted.
Ted: I'm just happy Robin's happy.
Robin: Thank you.
Lily: Man, this is like "Where's Waldo" of exposed genitalia. Except that it's really easy to find Waldo.
Robin: I'm evolved, and I'm enjoying living my life a little bit closer to the way Gael and I did in Argentina.
Barney: Please, vacation romances have an expiration date. Gael's got a "Best if banged by" sticker on him. Once your romance starts to stink, you'll dump his ass down the drain like sour milk and go back to being "Unevolved Robin", the one we actually like. Back me up here, Ted.
Ted: I'm just happy Robin's happy.
Barney: I'm telling you, within three days...
Lily: Ooh, here he comes. Switched to big words.
(Gael comes in)
Barney: Within a triad of solar periods, you'll recognize your dearth of compatibility with your paramour and conclude your association.
Robin: My journey was transformative and I reassert my commitment to both the aforementioned paramour and the philosophies he espouses.
Gael: What are we talking of ? Baseball ?
Barney: This is all gonna returns to masticate you in the gluteals. Support my hypotehesis, Ted.
Ted: I'm just jubilant my former paramour's jubilant.
--
.sophisticated:世故的、老練的

.scotch-swilling
scotch是蘇格蘭威士忌,而swilling是大口喝、狂飲。

.gun-toting
toting是攜帶,特別用來指帶槍。

-上面的幾個形容詞都在說Robin

.bongo-playing:bongo是一種小對鼓(http://goo.gl/jeGJa6)



.teetotaling:禁酒的

.peacenik:反戰份子

-上面幾個形容詞都在說Gael。可以看出他和Robin根本是相反的人嘛!

.genitalia:生殖器

.Switch to big words(http://goo.gl/tAvyTs)
big words是用來指一些說出來會讓人覺得很聰明的字。
因為Gael很有「文青」的氣質,所以Lily就說:他來了!我們得轉到big words模式囉!
所以看看前半段和後半段,用字譴詞差超級多的XD



big words模式等下一輪來介紹。




3)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJWyqEARpc#t=214
承前一篇,Robin從阿根廷回來後,變成非常不一樣的人:p

Lily: Ooh, here he comes. Switched to big words.
(Gael comes in)
Barney: Within a triad of solar periods, you'll recognize your dearth of compatibility with your paramour and conclude your association.
Robin: My journey was transformative and I reassert my commitment to both the aforementioned paramour and the philosophies he espouses.
Gael: What are we talking of ? Baseball ?
Barney: This is all gonna returns to masticate you in the gluteals. Support my hypotehesis, Ted.
Ted: I'm just jubilant my former paramour's jubilant.
--
承前一篇。
-big words模式 ON-
.triad of solar periods:
triad是三個一組,所以就是三個太陽日→三天

.dearth of:缺乏

.paramour:愛人、情人。
現在也常用來指情婦。

.espouse:情人

.masticate:咀嚼(http://goo.gl/L32kdL)


.gluteals:臀的
但這段看不太懂?

.jubilant:歡欣的(http://goo.gl/G9Qsfd)
看看Ted同樣的一句話,就可以很明顯看出big words模式了:p

"I'm just happy Robin's happy."
"I'm just jubilant my former paramour's jubilant."
是不是差很多咧XD





4)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJWyqEARpc#t=658
Robin最終受不了Gael和新Robin了!
--
[Robin's apartment - Robin/Gael/Gael's friends]
Robin: Quick announcement. I am so glad that you're here, fellow travelers. A couple rules... not even rules. Let's call them guidelines for harmonious living. Guideline for harmonious living number one ; The kitchen sink is for dishes, the toilet is for pee-pee. G.F.H.L. number two ; Marijuana is illegal in the United States, even when baked into a blueberry muffin that someone might mistakenly eat for breakfast right before they leave for their job as a TV Newscaster. "This just in : Look at my hand, how weird is my hand ?" is not an appropriate thing to say on the air. And number three... I... (All cherring). (Yelling) And number three is please keep the noise to a minimum. I have to take a nap. I'm still pretty baked.

[In the Cab - Barney/Colleen/Ted/Lindsay]
Barney: Everything's so bright, even at night. No wonder the city never sleeps. (Barney and Colleen laughing)
Ted: Hey. If we're going north, why did we cross over the FDR ? We should have taken the Hudson.
Barney: (scoffing) Now he knows all the streets. Someone's been watching too many "Steinfield reruns". (Woman laughing, Ted laughs sarcastically)
Ted: Where are we even going anyway ?
Lindsay: 148th and Brook Avenue.
Ted: A hundred... on the south of Bronx at this time of night ? We're going to get killed.
Barney: Ted. I think these local new yorkers know more about the city than we do, so relax. We're in very capable hands.
--
.G.F.H.L:有很多不同的縮寫意思,應該這裡最像:Good fun, have luck

.FDR:Franklin D. Roosevelt East River Drive
紐約的一條路。

.Seinfield:
中文為《歡樂單身派對》,一齣美劇,從1989-1998年播出的。
共九季180集,仍然有很多電視台還在重播。(http://goo.gl/U8Ulaj



.Bronx:紐約曼哈頓北邊100多街的地方,即布朗區,治安較差。
這裡放上圖,讓大家比較清楚NYC的分區位置。
http://goo.gl/ybHlQ3




沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...