How I Met Your Mother S03E04 - Little Boys 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S03E04 - Little Boys

Robin要和一個有小孩的男人約會?
Ted和Barney在比賽誰比較強:p

IMDB:
Robin tries to date a guy with a child, even though she does not like or want children. Meanwhile, Ted finds it impossible to make it with a woman he knows that Barney slept with a year ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQR0iwjVUw

Lily要介紹一個好男人給Robin,不過.....
--
[EXT. NEW YORK CITY]
Future Ted VO: It was Saturday night in New York City and the young metropolitan set was out on the town, living the kind of crazy lifestyle you can only find in the Big Apple.

[INT. APARTMENT: Ted, Barney and Robin throw peanuts into Marshall's mouth]
Robin, Ted: 97, 98, 99, 100!
Lily: 100! We only got to 82 on our honeymoon. (Barney laughs) So, Robin, I've got a guy for you. He's cute, he's funny, he's smart.
Ted: What's his 'but'?
Lily: What do you mean?
Ted: When someone wants to set you up they always tell you the good qualities first but then they leave out their huge flaw.

[flashback to MacLaren's, Barney telling Ted about a girl]
Barney: She's totally hot and really fun. (to himself) But she has a dead tooth.

[flashback to MacLaren's, Marshall telling Ted about a girl]
Marshall: She's superhot and she's so successful. (to himself) But she has a pug that she pushes around in a stroller.

[flashback to MacLaren's, Lily and Ted sit at booth, Lily tells Ted about a girl]
Lily: She's so cute and she's so smart. (to herself) But her last boyfriend had to get a restraining order against her and then his cat and new vacuum cleaner both went missing.
Ted: Wow, set it up.
--
.Big Apple:也就是紐約囉!

.dead tooth:一口爛牙

.pug:哈巴狗

.stroller:摺疊式嬰兒車

.restraining order:保護令

.vacuum:真空吸塵器



2)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQR0iwjVUw#t=93

Robin最後還是決定要和有小孩的那個男生認識看看。
然後…Robin的"but"又是什麼XDDD
--
[back to present scene]
Robin: OK, yes, kids are not my favorite thing in the world but I like them.
Ted: Well, you don't wanna have them.
Robin: I like sports cars but it doesn't mean I wanna push a Ferrari through my vagina
Barney: Shotgun.
(Marshall laughs)
Marshall: You can't blame us for thinking that the kid would be a problem. I mean, if we were friends with Garfield, we wouldn't set him up on a date with Mondays.
Barney: Nice.
Robin: You know what, the kid is not a problem. I wanna meet this guy.
Lily: OK, that's awesome.
Robin: Yeah. Hey, what's my 'but'? You know, I'm really nice, but...
Ted: (to himself) But she's afraid of commitment.
Lily: (to herself) But she's a gun nut.
Barney: (to himself) But she's Canadian.
Marshall: (to himself) But she didn't like Field of Dreams.
Barney: I can't think of anything.
Ted: You don't have a 'but'.
--
.Shotgun:(http://goo.gl/SFYFpG)
如果有人要開車,先喊shotgun的人就可以坐副駕駛座的位置



.I mean, if we were friends with Garfield, we wouldn't set him up on a date with Mondays.
這裡在說加菲貓,因為加菲貓最討厭星期一了XD
他認為星期一會給牠帶來災難,但如果是牠的生日(6/19)的話就例外XD
(http://goo.gl/OSr1pQ)



.gun nut
槍枝愛好者。
nut有很多的意思,字面上是核桃、堅果,但也可以指熱衷、甚至是瘋狂的意思。
而如果是nuts就有testicles的意思囉!

.Field of Dreams
電影《夢幻成真》,Ted曾經因為Robin不喜歡Fields of Dreams而和她吵架XD



3)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQR0iwjVUw#t=238

Barney和Ted在爭吵誰比較多"GAME"(這好難翻成中文)
而Marshall一直在旁邊插花XD
--
[INT. MACLAREN'S: Barney and Ted sit at booth]
Barney: I'm going out, buying eye patches. What are you doing to help score chicks?
Ted: OK, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. People with real game don't need eye patches.
Barney: Oh, Theodore... (Barney takes off his eye patch) ...no no no, you can't spell game without me, and me has the best game.
Ted: Yeah, well, I got so much game, I'm Cornish game hen.
Barney: Oh yeah? I'm the New York state gaming commissioner.
Ted: Well, I'm The Game, well-crafted, keep-you-guessing thriller starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn.
Barney: Wow.
(Marshall walks over to Ted and Barney's booth)
Marshall: Wow. You're here and not in stall two.
Ted: Yeah, so?
Marshall: I may have made some wildly inappropriate homoerotic comments to a gentleman wearing your shoes.
Barney: OK, Marshall.
Marshall: Yes.
Barney: Which one of us has more game?
Marshall: Neither of you guys has any game, right, or else you'd be married like me.
Barney: What?
Marshall: If dating is the game, then marriage is winning the game.
Ted: Yeah, if you're playing in the women's league.
Marshall: You're joking. I have mad game, bra.
Barney: OK. One, we agreed not to ever say 'bra' anymore. It was a good week, we had a lot of fun, but it's over. Two, you've been with Lily for eleven years. You're idea of good game is slapping on a Dr. Seuss hat and flashing two tickets to a Spin Doctors concert.
Ted: I hate to say it, buddy, but you're kinda' irrelevant.
Marshall: What? I am not irrelevant. I know tons of stuff. I could help you guys. I don't wanna be left out.
--
.Cornish game hen:(http://goo.gl/iphzF0)
一種混種童子雞,專門當作肉雞用的。雖然叫做”hen”,但公母皆可。
為何說這個?因為他們在比誰的"Game"比較多嘛...
分享個食譜吧哈,Roasted Cornish Game Hen:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/roasted-cornish-game-hens-recipe.html



.I'm The Game, well-crafted, keep-you-guessing thriller starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn.
Micheal Douglas和Sean Penn在1997年拍的”The Game”、《致命遊戲》。
也是因為這裡面有個"Game"XD

.stall two
stall就是小隔間。
感謝Chewy分享一個Rule:Two Stall Rule,就是男人小便斗要隔一格的潛規則XDDD

.Dr.Seuss
蘇斯博士,美國知名的作家及漫畫家。
在美國很紅哦~其中有個角色很眼熟:Grinch!!!
http://goo.gl/XRo7OQ



.Spin Doctor:美國一個樂團



4)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQR0iwjVUw#t=238 (同上集)

他們要來個比賽XDDDD
--

Barney: Ted, you do not have more game than me. By sheer numbers alone, I win. Come on, dude, you've seen my list.
Marshall: Do you guys wanna hear one of my lines?
Ted: First of all, I did not ask to see that list and I am still horrified. True game is about quality, not quantity. And a quality girl would pick me over you any day.
Marshall: Are you a model? That one's good because it's flattering to the girl.
Barney: Ted, I challenge you to a picking-up-girls Olympiad.
Ted: Fine.
Barney: There will be 26 events spread out over 11 weeks. We will travel to a neutral city where a panel of international judges...
Ted: Or we could just choose a girl and the first one to seal the deal wins.
Barney: That's good too. (Barney looks around and sees blonde girl at bar) How about her?
Ted: You're on.
(Ted and Barney shake hands)
Barney: Before we start, why don't we jot down a few basic ground rules? (Barney hands Ted a pen)
Ted: OK, great. Rule number one, no eye patches or props of any kind.
(Barney gets up while Ted is writing and approaches blonde girl at bar)
Marshall: One time I was with this girl and I tried that model line, and I totally got some over-the-shirt boob action at a Just Say No assembly.
Ted: Just stop. You're bumming everybody out. (Blonde girl slaps Barney) Rule number two, this bet is for one million dollars. (Barney sits back down at booth)
Barney: I win.
Ted: How?
Barney: Oh, I slept with her, about a year ago, I just forgot.
Ted: Oh, well, that doesn't count. The bet started the moment we shook.
Barney: I can't sleep with her again. She hates me.
Ted: Oh, Interesting. Look who just took a commanding lead. Now, with you out of the picture, I can take my sweet time.
Marshall: Ted, she's leaving.
Ted: Get out of my way. (Ted gets up quickly and follows blonde girl)
Barney: By the look of those shoes, here comes your bathroom buddy.
(Guy walks over and hands Marshall a card)
Marshall: Look who's got game. (Marshall puts card in his shirt pocket)
--
.jot down:匆匆記下(http://goo.gl/PUvFHY)



.bum sb. out:掃興、讓某人覺得很糟
這個片語很好用XD

.out of the picture:某人已不在或退出這個計畫/某項事之中
就想想某個人不在相片之中吧XD (http://www.t-driver.com/uploads/2009/12/Cut-Out-of-the-Picture.jpg)



5)
看影片學英文:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQR0iwjVUw#t=548

Ted和那個女孩越來越好了;另一方面,Marshall一直想要有參與感XD
--
[INT. MACLAREN'S: Ted and Barney about to sit down at booth, Ted on cell phone]
Ted: Well, have fun in yoga. (Ted puts phone down to say something to Barney) She's strengthening her core. That's gonna be good. (Ted gets back on phone) Yeah, all right. After a while, crocodile. (Ted hangs up phone) You see this. Game face.
Barney: Whatever, Ted.
Ted: Oh, get this, she plays bass in a reggae band. They're having a show this Friday. How cool is that?
Barney: Oh, does she know that one song? Mm-hm chaka, mm-hm chaka. What's that song called? Oh, right, it's called every reggae song.
(Marshall walks over to Ted and Barney)
Marshall: I am not irrelevant. I ran the numbers. If Lily and I have sex twice a week, which, let's be honest, we all know is being conservative. And we've been together for ten years plus seventeen more times on the honeymoon. Minus the two week drought when I said the checker at the grocery store reminded me of a young Lily. Then we have had sex a total of...wait for it...
Barney: Nice.
Marshall: One thousand fifty-three and a half times...my mom called once. But that's more times than Barney has ever had sex and to your point, Ted, Lily is a quality girl. I win. Lawyered.
Barney: Doesn't count.
Marshall: Totally counts.
Ted: You're right, it counts. It counts as one. You've had sex once. How was it?
Marshall: I still matter.
(Marshall walks away)
Barney: OK, Ted, go win the bet. You have my blessing. She's a wonderful girl. I should know.
Ted: Oh, OK, OK, I see what you're doing.
Barney: We've never shared a woman, have we, Ted? Isn't that funny? You're with her now, I was with her a year ago. You figure for her, that's like 200 showers ago. You gotta ask yourself, Ted, is 200 enough?
Ted: You know what, I don't mind.
Barney: No, of course you don't mind. Just like the second guy to climb Mt. Everest didn't mind getting all the way to the top only to find Sir Edmund Hilary's flagpole thrust into its supple peak. (Ted has a disgusted look on his face) No, I'm sure when you're with her I'll be the furthest thing from your mind. Kissing what I've already kissed. Nuzzling what I've already nuzzled. Going (lowers head slightly and shakes it vigorously) on what I've already gone (lowers head again slightly and shakes it vigorously) on.
Ted: Barney, I'm not afraid of catching your cooties, OK?
Barney: Really? Ted's not afraid of cooties. OK, well then I guess you'd have no problem having a sip of my gin and tonic. (Barney holds out his drink to Ted)
Ted: Fine. (Ted takes drink and brings it up to his mouth and puts it down on the table)
Barney: And I only stirred that with my pinky.
--
.after awhile, crocodile:(http://goo.gl/5UueFW
應該出自兒童繪本,因為later和alligator押韻、while和crocodile押韻。
然後alligator和crocodile都是鱷魚,但是不同種的哦~~~



.game face:game face,迎接比賽的臉,正經、認真的表情,用在要迎接挑戰者或是解決很困難的事情時。http://goo.gl/lGjc3l

.conservative:保守的

.flagpole:旗桿

.thrust:插入

.supple:柔軟的

.peak:山峰

.furthest:最遠的、最大程度地

.nuzzle:用鼻子摩擦

.vigorously:有力的、精神飽滿的

.cooties:虱子
聽說在國小的小朋友常常說XD 用來區分男生女生,很像我們的「羞羞臉,男生愛女生」
像Urban Dictionary有這個註解:a disease that only girls have! boys cannot get it because of their awesomeness!
超可愛的!(http://goo.gl/t27R1a



.gin and tonic:琴通寧(Gin tonic),很受歡迎的調酒,混合琴酒和通寧水,再加入檸檬片

.stir:攪拌

.pinky:the littlest finger on your hand.,就小指囉!



沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...