How I Met Your Mother S02E11 - How Lily Stole Christmas 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S02E11 - How Lily Stole Christmas
--
Lily聽到Ted之前的語音信箱罵她"Grinch"而大發雷霆。
另一方面,這集有可愛的生病Barney和他的經典台詞XD
--
Lily takes away her Christmas display after she finds out that Ted called her a bad name while she was broken up with Marshall, and Barney is too sick for his Christmas plans.




1)
到了Christmas,Lily在布置家裡時發現以前的舊答錄機(answering machine)
--
Ted (voix off) : Kids, as you know, Christmas is a time you spend with your family. So in December of 2006, I had three options. Spend it with my mom and her new boyfriend Clint, spend it with my dad and his new girlfriend micro-brewing, or head down to Staten Island to spend it with my super religious cousin Stacy and her family. So I opted for none of the above and decided to spend Christmas 2006 in Manhattan... celebrating with my other family.
(Lily is decorating the apartment while Marshall studies)
Marshall : Okay, I have one last paper due at 5:00 p.m. today, so until then, I will be at the law library at school, but I'm not to be disturbed for any reason.
Ted : Dude, open your eyes. You're going to hurt yourself.
Marshall : No, no. Christmas Eve winter wonderland is my reward for finishing my paper. Baby, do I smell your Sinfully Cinnamon Cookies?
Lily : Yes.
Marshall : Damn me and my heightened other senses. Must be strong. Okay, I'll be back here at 5:00. Save me at least 20 cookies and do not clean the bowl. Was that a reindeer? I don't want to know!
Lily : Hey, look. Our old answering machine.
Ted : Oh, yeah. After you left, we, uh, we unplugged it because it reminded Marshall of how you used to, you know, leave messages. But hey, you guys are back together. I say we're plugging it back in. It's good to have you back.
Lily : Thanks. Oh, hey, look, there's still some messages on here.
Ted’s father : Hey Ted, it's Dad calling to check in. I'm going fishing this weekend with my friend Clint, so if I don't hear from you beforehand, I'll talk to you next week.
Ted : Yes, same Clint.
--
.micro-brewing(http://goo.gl/cHHQWD)
其實應該寫作microbrewery,是指個人製酒的機器。
而如果有些餐廳或酒吧供應他們個人釀的酒,就稱為brewpub。



.sinfully cinnamon cookies
sin是罪,而sinfully是充滿罪惡的
所以Marshall是說:這種充滿罪惡的杏仁餅乾XD
也附上Sinfully Cinnamon Cookies的食譜哈,http://parentingpatch.com/sinfully-cinnamon-cookies-recipe/
.heighten
增強的。
.reindeer(http://goo.gl/ANiklU)
馴鹿。

.answering machine
電話答錄機。


2)
打開了答錄機後,發現之前的那個留言.......
--
Ted (voix dans le répondeur) : Hey, Marshall. Are you lying on the couch right now moping about Lily? You are, aren't you? Well, stop it. She's not worth it. You gotta get over that Grinch.
Ted (voix off) : But I didn't say "Grinch." I said a bad word. A very, very bad word.
Ted : Oh, fudge.
Ted (voix off) : But I didn't say fudge.

Lily : I'm... a what?
Ted : I-- That was Barney, that was Barney.
Lily : That was you, Ted.
Ted : That was Marshall.
Lily : Marshall left a message for Marshall?
Ted : You know, it may have been me, but it was so long ago. Man, that machine, it really garbles your voice.You know, it almost made it sound like I said...
Lily : Why would you call me that?
Ted (voix off) : It was a fair question. Marshall's breakup with Lily had sent him into a deep depression and nothing could get him out of it. Until one day...
--
.mope
憂鬱、意氣消沉
.Grinch(http://goo.gl/446M1d)
大家知道Grinch這個角色嗎?
它是來自童書《How the Grinch stole Christmas!》而來,一隻綠色、厭惡聖誕節的妖怪,每年都會試圖破壞聖誕節。
這裡Ted當然不是說"Grinch"而是說"b__ch"(也有人認為是別的更髒的字啦...)
但是後來Ted有一次是真的指Grinch,因為Lily破壞了ChristmasXD

.fudge
大軟糖,Marshall曾經自稱過!
不過這裡當然不是大軟糖囉,而是F____:p

.garble
斷章取意、隨意竄改。





3)
Ted向Robin、Barney訴苦Lily都不理他:(
--
[End of flashback. Back to the bar.]
Barney : Ted Vivian Mosby!
Ted : That's not my middle name.
Barney : Do you kiss your mother with that mouth ?
Ted : Like you've never said that word.
Barney : I don't kiss your mother with my mouth. Yet. (Barney sneezes)
Ted : Are you sick?
Barney :Is it sick to find maturity and experience sexy?
Ted : No, I meant do you have a cold?
Barney : I'm fine. I'm fine. My nose is just overflowing with awesome and I had to get some of it out. Now, if you'll excuse me, the holidays are a time when people are lonely and desperate. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Ted : I should go apologize. It's Christmas Eve.
Robin : Yeah. I mean, slamming doors and screaming curses? If I wanted that, I would have gone home for the holidays.
(Barney talks to a girl.)
Barney : I don't see any mistletoe, but... (He sneezes on her)
Woman : Oh! Oh, God!
Barney : Uh... "Bless you" would have been nice.
(Robin walks Barney home. On the Hallway.)
Robin : You're sick.
Barney : I'm not sick.
Robin : You're sick.
Barney : You know what? I am sick. Sick of you telling me I'm sick. What up?
(Barney cough so strongly that he fells.)
Ted : Ahh... Three flights of stairs, not a drop spilled. Hey, buddy.
Robin : You sure this is gonna work?
Ted : Yeah, this is our thing. In college, whenever I wanted to make up with her, I'd buy her a beer. Cute, right?
Robin : Totally. Plus free mug.
--
.Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
「你難道用你那張嘴親你媽嗎?」
當對方說了很髒的話時,就可以用這句來指責對方。

.maturity
成熟
.mistletoe(http://goo.gl/7dROG5
檞寄生、槲寄生
大家可能有看過蔡智恆的小說《檞寄生》,就是它!
檞寄生是西方很重要的植物,與北歐神話有關。
這兒補上網路找到的故事:

北歐神話中,有一天,天父奧丁及他的妻子弗麗嘉(Frigg)的兒子光明神巴德爾(Balder)做了自己將會死去的惡夢,於是擔心的Frigg拜託世上所有的事物發誓皆不可傷害Balder,獨漏了一隻細小的槲寄生樹苗沒發誓。而洛基利用眼盲的霍德爾(Hoder),騙其向Balder擲出此樹,而槲寄生正是世上唯一可以傷害Balder的東西,枝條貫穿並殺死了Balder,世界因此陷入了黑暗。Balder的母親 - 愛神Frigg得知後痛不欲生,於是她和眾神想盡辦法挽救Balder的生命,最後終於救活了他。Frigg非常感激,因此承諾無論誰站在槲寄生下,便賜給那個人一個親吻。於是,造成聖誕節槲寄生下親吻的習俗。而且也將槲寄生象徵的涵義:愛、和平、寬恕,永遠保存下來,這三者也正是聖誕節的精神本質。傳說中,在槲寄生下親吻的情侶,會廝守到永遠。

因此,就有在聖誕節時,在檞寄生下親吻的說法。
如果有人帶你的檞寄生下,你不能拒絕他的吻哦XD

.flights of stairs
三段樓梯。


4)
Robin照顧生病的Barney
--
(Barney is in bed and Robin brings him food.)
Barney : This is a low moment for the Barnacle. I should be off playing laser tag right now, but instead... Don't look at me. I'm hideous.
Robin : You just look like a regular guy.
Barney : Exactly. I'm a Ted. I'm wearing elastic-waist fleece pants.
Robin : And isn't it more comfy?
Barney : Yes.
Robin : Come on, you need eat something.
Barney : Too weak... to hold... bowl.
Robin : Fine, I'll feed you.
Barney : Ouchie in my mouth! I don't want it. I want ice cream.
Robin : No, you're not having ice cream for dinner just 'cause you're sick.
Barney : But my throat hurts.
Robin : No !
Barney :I hate you! (Robin stands up) Don't leave me.
--
.Barnacle
藤壺,如果大家記得Slutty Pumpkin那集,就會對這個單字有印象XD
也是Barney給自己的小名。

.hideous
醜惡的、令人憎惡的
.elastic-waist(http://goo.gl/RenNlb)
elastic是彈力的,waist是腰部的
就是有鬆緊帶的褲子XD

.fleece
羊毛
--
Robin : You just look like a regular guy.
Barney : Exactly. I'm a Ted. I'm wearing elastic-waist fleece pants.
這兩句笑翻我XD

5)
Ted和Lily鬧翻了,只好跑去和他家人一起過Christmas
--
Robin (on the phone) : You're spending Christmas Eve with your family? Baby, that sucks. I'm so sorry.
Ted : Uh, they're fine. They're just... they're a little weird. You know they don't believe in gifts or Christmas trees. And they think Santa's how Satan spells his name when he wants to trick us.
Robin : Well, do you want me to go with you?
Ted : Was that a sincere offer?
Robin : First tell me your answer.
Ted : Stay there. Save yourself. We'll spend all day together tomorrow. Okay. Oh, how's Barney feeling?
Robin : You mean the whiney bottomless pit of neediness? He was bugging me, so I spiked his echinacea tea with codeine.
Ted : You're gonna be a great mom.
(Marshall walks into the apartment with a box.)
Marshall : Holy crap, the magical Christmas season is upon us. And thank God we don't pay for utilities.
Lily : Merry Christmas! What's in the box?
Marshall : Only the best present for the best girl ever. It took me all day to track it down.
Lily : I thought you were writing a paper.
Marshall : Ah, naw, I blew that off. I'll get an extension. School's not important. What is that pitter patter on the roof? Could it be the sound of an awesome Christmas story about to come down the chimney? Why, yes, it is. 'Twas the day before Christmas...
--
.bottomless
無底的

.pit
坑、洞
說到這個推薦一部喜劇《Parks and Recreation》,故事就由一個pit而來:D
這部很有趣,有時很荒謬,但總會看到人性的善良與希望:) (http://goo.gl/CIYpLO)

.spike
[美俚]摻入烈酒。
這裡Robin在Barney的花茶內摻入了藥,也用這個動詞。
.echinacea(http://goo.gl/mEpC17)
紫錐花

.codeine
[藥品]可待因
一種藥品,有很好的止痛效果。
詳細可能要請別人來解釋一下XD
.utilities
utility是有用、有益
而這裡指的應該租房子時,包含了水電、瓦斯等的費用。
如果去租房子時可以問:"What kinds of utilities are included?" 以確認租屋費用有哪些。
而在美國唸書住學校宿舍的話,這些utilities多半是由學校包辦。
(以上擷取自:http://som.twbbs.org/klee/notebook/note6.htm,也歡迎大家補充:))
.pitter patter
擬聲詞,可以指水滴打落到屋頂上的聲音,也可以指小動物輕聲走過的聲音。



沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...