How I Met Your Mother S02E10 - Single Stamina 小筆記

IMDB:
Barney's gay black brother is in town, but he doesn't want to tell Barney that he's getting married because he'll be losing his only single sidekick.
這集談Barney發現自己的老哥James要結婚的心路歷程:p


1)
在大家變成一對一對後,可憐的Barney孤單一人QQ
--
Ted (voix off) : Kids, there's nothing more wonderful than New York City in the winter... except the view of New York City in the winter through your apartment window.In the winter of 2006, Marshall, Lily, Robin and I were all deep in couple hibernation mode. Sadly, this left Uncle Barney out in the cold.
[Barney comes into the apartment.]
Barney : Okay. All-night rave, abandoned tire factory in Newark. We're on the list. Who's in?
Ted :- Nope.
Robin :- No.
[Later, Barney comes back..]
Barney : Private jet. Teeterboro Airport, skinny-skydiving. Who's in?
Ted :- Nope.
Marshall, lily, Robin : - No, thanks.
[And again…]
Barney : One beer. Bar, downstairs, 15 second walk. Who's in?
Marshall : Shh... Lily went sleepy-bye.
Ted (voix off) : It got so bad, Barney tried to be his own wingman.
[Barney is at the bar talking to a girl]
Barney : Hi. Have you met me?
Ted (voix off) : Finally, he decided to bring in reinforcements.
[Barney comes into the apartment.]
Tous : - No.
Barney : Yes. And do you know why? Hang on to your bedsores, grandparents from Willy Wonka, because guess who's on his way up to this apartment right now? My... wait for it... brother, James. React.
Tous : - Hey!
Robin : - You have a brother?
Barney : - Yeah. He's the awesome-est, most best looking-est, greatest guy ever.
Lily : He's exactly like Barney.
Barney : That's what I just said.
Ted : Well, Barney and his brother aren't exactly alike. James is gay.
Robin : Really? I never in a million years would I picture you with a gay brother, that's awesome.
Ted : Yeah. I just wanted you to have a heads up, so you don't act all surprised when he gets here.
--
.hibernation
冬眠
.rave
狂歡
.private jet
私人飛機
.skinny-skydiving
裸體跳傘。
一定要和大家分享這張圖片(http://goo.gl/Oq6EL2),大有趣了XD

.bedsore
褥瘡
.grandparents from Willy Wonka
出自小說Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,也有拍成電影哦!
因為Charlie和爺爺奶奶住在一起,Barney用來笑其他人:p
.heads up
一般來說可以用指「注意!」,但也可以指說,先給對方一些提醒。


2)
Barney的哥哥James來了!也讓其他懶情侶走到室外去XD
--
[They get into a bar.]
Barney : Daddy's home! Yeah. All right, bro. What do you like? Guy in super tight black T? Super tight black guy? Guy who looks like Mr. T?
James : Mmm, yes, yes, and... talk to me after two martinis. Let's focus on you, my man.
Barney : I'm feeling lazy. How 'bout girl with the chocolatini?
James : Oh... boom, back tattoo. Hero and the pig?
Barney :- Let's ride.
James :- Fo' 'sho. Damn baby, nice tramp stamp!
Women : - Get off me, you pig!
Barney :- Hey! Hey! Her body art is not an invitation to grope her, it's an expression of her inner self. I'm sure, in many ways, she is the dolphin encircled by flowers.
James : - What? What?
Barney :- What? What?
James : Cool.
Barney : Let me know if he bothers you again.
Women : Thanks. You should stay close... just in case.
Barney : Sure. If it'll make you feel safer. I'm Barney.
--
.Mr.T(http://goo.gl/y4rYLX)
美國一位有名的黑人明星,很壯呢:3

.tramp stamp
是專指後腰下這個位置的刺青。
tramp有slutty的意思,由於這個位種刺青引人暇想,位置又私密,所以才有這種稱呼。
大家記得Ted的butterfly tramp stamp嗎XDDD (http://goo.gl/T6rMn6)

.grope
帶有性暗示的磨蹭、撫摸




3)
Ted等人走出了安逸的小窩,然而…
--
Ted (voix off) :Couples, exhausted by the sheer act of leaving the house, are obsessed with finding a place to sit down. There are a lot of other indicators, too. From choice of social lubricant...to basic body language. But the point is, there are many ways to tell whether someone has Single Stamina or Couples Coma.
James : I wish I would've worn sneakers. I just got finished running from some fat, hairy guy who was periscoping out of his pleather pants. Permission to come aboard denied.
Lily : I miss my jammies. I can't believe I wore a bra for this.
Robin : Bras suck. They're so confining and unnatural.
Lily : Yeah, they're like a boobie zoo.
Man : Well, why don't you take it off then and let those puppies breathe?
Lily : Oh, please go sweat on someone else.
Marshall : Poor guy.
Lily : Poor guy? Poor my boobs.
Marshall : Well, it takes a lot of guts to approach a girl and you just crushed him.
Lily : Oh, yeah, yeah. He looks all broken up inside.
Robin : Whatever, you guys have no idea what it's like to be on the receiving end.
Ted : "Oh, poor me. I'm a pretty girl and everybody everywhere wants to buy me drinks and have sex with me." Waa.
Marshall : "Oh, poor me. I get to order yummy, pink drinks with chunks of real fruit that guys secretly like, but can't order because they'll be made fun of."
Ted :- Dude.
Marshall : - They're delicious!
Man : Excuse me. Join me in a shot?
James : Oh, no thanks. I've had enough. He's too in shape, we'd spend all night talking about his body fat content. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go have a yummy, pink drink with fruit in it... because I am gay.
Lily : You know, that was, like, the third hot guy that James blew off tonight.
Marshall : Yeah, he's turning down shots, he's yawning, he's whining about his feet. He's as bad as we are.
Ted : He is. Wait, he's exactly as bad as we are. You guys don't think that James is... in a relationship?
Robin : No. There's no way. He's Barney's brother.
Marshall : Look at that. He's texting!
Ted : Oh, my God! He is in a couple.
Lily : This is gonna kill Barney.
--
.sheer act
純粹的行為
.social lubricant
社交潤滑劑
.Single stamina/Couples coma
這是本集的title
有玩過RPG或其他遊戲的應該很熟悉stamina這個單字,就是指「體力」、「耐力」
而在這裡劇組用這樣相對的概念,指這些單身的人精力充沛,而情侶卻像昏迷般(in a coma)行屍走肉XD
.periscope(http://goo.gl/MOTlXb)
潛望鏡

.pleather
plastic+leather,合成皮
.jammies
舒服的睡衣
.confine
邊界、侷限
.sweat on someone
[俚語], to like or adore
.in shape(http://goo.gl/UVIIpa)
in good health; strong and healthy; fit.
不僅僅是注重身材,還更指健康方面。

.whine
抱怨


4)


Barney為了要破壞James的婚禮,費盡心思想要介紹別的男人給他。
--
Barney : James, James, since you like arts and crafts, look at what Charles here made with cherry stems. He did it with his tongue. Yeah.
James : Barney.
Barney : So, Charles, why don't you put your number in my brother's phone, and once he's in a funner mood...
James : Barney, Barney, I don't want his number. I don't want anyone's number, okay? I'm getting married.
Charles : Wow.- Best of luck to you both.
James : - Thank you.
Charles : My number's in here. I'm very discreet.
James : Okay, okay, excuse me. Barney, family talk. Okay, dude, you have got to stop this, okay? I know that my getting married is threatening to your way of life...
Barney : Oh, so now it's my way of life? I thought it was our way of life. You've completely turned your back on it. Look at you, not even suited up. Do you remember why we suit up, James?
James : To get laid.
Barney : To show people that we are different from the millions of T-shirt and jeans lemmings out there. The suit shows that we are a force to be reckoned with, a two-person army that plays by its own rules. But you've taken off the uniform, you've crossed enemy lines, and you've abandoned me. Well, I'm not gonna let you do that. It's not too late to back out of this stupid marriage thing! You don't have to do this, bro!
James : - Yes, I do.
Barney : - Why?!
James : Because Tom and I are gonna have a baby.
Barney :What? There's gonna be a baby?
James : Yes. We're adopting.
Barney : Oh, my God. I'm gonna be an uncle?
James : For the rest of your life.
--
.discreet
謹慎的、小心翼翼的。
那男生告訴James他會小心不會讓別人發現,所以就算婚後還是可以打給他
.turned one's back on someone
不理會某人、不給某人幫助。
.lemmings
旅鼠。(http://goo.gl/jxAQh8)
但這裡為何會突然有旅鼠???

.reckon with
reckon是測量、計算
而+with就是對付的意思。

5)
在James的婚禮上。
QUESTION:這時候的Ted和Robin還在一起嗎?
--
[At James’s wedding]
Barney : To James and Tom. May you have a long and happy life together. And may I always have the skin and libido of a much younger man.- Cheers.
All : - Cheers.
Barney : Thanks. I decided to leave out the hetero college phase. No one wants to hear about that.
Lily : It was perfect. You even made Tom's dad cry. Might have been doing that because he's a Republican.
Marshall : Whoa. It's 9:00. We should be getting back. You guys want to split a cab?
Ted : Uh, no, I think I'm gonna stay a little bit longer.
Robin : Yeah, me, too. I'm not tired at all.
Marshall : All right, well, it's getting late. Got to get the wife home.
Lily : Oh, stop calling me that. It makes me sound fat.
Barney : Ugh, it's a freaking epidemic.
(Ted and Robin get up to dance.)
Barney : - May I?
James : - Yeah.
--
.libido
性慾。
.hetero
異性(戀)的,可以直接視為一個字首,相對的就是homo,同性(戀)的。
.Might have been doing that because he's a Republican.
因為Republican(美國共和黨)反對同性戀啊XDDD
.split a cab
分攤車錢。

--
回到一開始的問題。
這裡的Robin和Ted是否還在一起?
其實應該已經分手了,有幾個考量:
1. 這裡的Robin和Ted算是分開回答他們的問題;如果他們還是一對,可能會一起決定是否要離開婚禮。
2. 那時Marshall和Lily已經結婚,而在S2最後一集Ted和Robin在M&L的婚禮後宣布分手。
大家覺得呢?

沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...