How I Met Your Mother S02E16 - Stuff 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S02E16 - Stuff
IMDB:
Ted to gets rid of everything he received from other women at Robin's request, but getting rid of the stuff Robin received from other men won't be as easy. Meanwhile, Barney gets revenge on Lily for making him attend her terrible play.
Robin發現Ted家中放了很多前女友的東西,而大吵了一架;
而Barney因為去看了Lily的戲,因此決定要報復…

1)
Ted和Robin因為Exes的東西而大吵了一架。
--
[Flashback. Ted and Robin are on the couch.]
Robin : Mm, we should get down to the bar.
Ted : I know we should, but you just look so sexy in my red sweatshirt.
[End flashback.]
Barney : Oh, God, why is this part of the story?
Ted : We're getting to it.
[Flashback.]
Robin : Damn, my face is so dry. Is there any moisturizer around here?
Ted : Yeah, there's some in the bathroom. Got to moisturize! Got to keep that pretty face moist.
[End flashback.]
Lily : Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no!
Barney : What's wrong with her?
Marshall : She hates that word.
Barney : What word, "moist"?
Lily : No! Seriously, stop!
Robin : So, anyway, Ted goes into the bathroom to get the moist... face lotion...
[Flashback.]
Robin : Wow, this is great stuff. Now I know the secret to your great complexion.
Ted : What are you talking about? It's yours.
Robin : No, it's not.
Ted : Oh, well... then I guess it's Lily's.
[End flashback.]
Lily : No, it's not.
--
.sweatshirt(http://goo.gl/3obfZt)
我們知道sweat是長袖毛衣、針織衫
而sweatshirt指的是運動衫,長袖的、休閒的那種

.moisturizer
moist (v.) 指濕潤
moisturizer就是保濕!
不過這個詞唸起來真的有些詭異XD
.complexion
膚質、氣色
說到這,Ted真的是劇組中最沒有老的一個啊!!!




2)
Ted和Robin向其他人抱怨,希望剩下的人可以幫他們解決吵架的問題。
--
[End flashback.]
Lily : Ah, the age-old question: after you break up with someone, what do you do with the stuff?
Robin : Question? Ain't no question, girl. Obviously, he's got to get rid of it.
Ted : Which is obviously crazy and obviously, I'm not gonna do it.
Robin : So we agreed that we would let you guys decide.
Ted : Yeah, like we did with Marshall's pants.
Barney : Ah, the 2005 landmark case of Lily v. The Joey Buttafuoco Pants.
[Flashback. Marshall comes in with pants.]
Marshall : Nice, right?
Robin : I'm gonna have to say no. I don't want some 16-year-old girl falling in love with you and then shooting Lily in the face.
Lily : Yes!
Barney : I vote they can stay. "Check out the jackass in the parachute pants" is a good icebreaker.
Marshall : Ted. Ted? Ted?
Ted : Sorry, buddy, it's a "no" for me, too. Oh, and by the way, Bell Biv Devoe called. Even they don't want those pants back.
--
QUESTION:
Ah, the age-old question: after you break up with someone, what do you do with the stuff?
先來問問大家怎麼想呢?:)
--
.Joey Buttafuoco Pants
Joey Buttafuoco,是一位美國名人。
而影片中Marshall穿的褲子是花花綠綠、顏色繽紛的那種,他們這樣稱呼這類的褲子。不知道是不是和Joey Buttafuoco喜歡穿有關?但目前沒有找到類似的報導啊!
再來,談談這位先生的梗,也就是後來Robin嘲諷的
「I'm gonna have to say no. I don't want some 16-year-old girl falling in love with you and then shooting Lily in the face.」
歡迎各位來到《HIMYM玫瑰瞳鈴眼》。
這位Joey Buttafuoco,當時35歲的他與一位16歲的女生Amy Fisher產生婚外情,而Joey誘迫Amy謀殺他的妻子。
1992/5/19,Amy到他們家開槍射擊Joey的妻子,但她的妻子大難不死。
後來Amy判15年的徒刑,而Joey也因為被法定強姦罪指控而坐4個月的牢。
再來呢?
Amy 1999年假釋出獄,當過記者、作家寫自己的故事;2007轉行當AV女優。
而她的故事後來被改編為電視劇和電影,如"The Amy Fisher Story" (1993)就是喲!(http://goo.gl/FnMYnW)

詳情請見:http://www.ettoday.net/news/20120822/91477.htm
.parachute pants (http://goo.gl/2x8ztf)
parachute是降落傘,而這種褲子就我們所說的飛鼠褲。

.Bell Biv Devoe
美國的嘻哈歌手。


3)
Robin與Ted各自闡述自己的論點:
--
[End flashback.]
Marshall : They were insanely comfortable! They were like pajamas you could wear outside.
Barney : Marshall, it's over. We even gave you an appeal and they didn't look any better with combat boots.
Lily : All right, well, let's hear the arguments. Ted, you go first.
Ted : Okay. The fact that I still have things from ex-girlfriends is no big deal. I mean, when I see the phone booth on the piano, I don't think of Jeannie Radford, I think of the good times I had backpacking through Europe. And when I see the lamp, I don't think of Allison Moses. I remember when I was broke, just out of college, and I really needed a lamp. And when I see that throw pillow, I don't think of Lauren Stein. I think of that weird orange-brown stain and how it got there.
Marshall : Creamsicle and turkey gravy, not at the same time.
Robin : Well, that's adorable, but from now on, when I walk into the apartment, here is what I will see.
(The phone booth turns into Ted’s ex-girlfriend.)
Ex-girlfriend 1 : I'm Ted's college girlfriend. He made me 12 mix tapes. How many has he made you?
(The lamp turns into Ted’s ex-girlfriend.)
Ex-girlfriend 2 : He calls you "sweetie pie"? He called me "sweetie pie."
(The pillow turns into Ted’s ex-girlfriend.)
Ex-girlfriend 3 : I'm stupid, but my rack is bigger than yours.
Ted : Really? You can't look at a pillow without seeing my ex-girlfriend-- a pillow!
Robin : Yes, Ted, the fact that you still have that pillow is creepy and gross.
Ted : You're creepy and gross.
Robin : Your mom's creepy and gross.
Lily : Order! Order! I got to side with Robin. She's your girlfriend, and if the stuff upsets her, you got to get rid of it.
Marshall : I've got to side with Ted. Just 'cause you still have something an ex girlfriend gave you doesn't mean you're holding onto her.
Ted : All right, Barney. It all comes down to you.
Barney : I side with Robin.
Ted : What?
Barney : Ted, your place is too cluttered. It's like you're living in a Bennigan's.
Robin : Or a Danby's. What, they don't have Danby's in the US? Really? Well, then were do you get Grizzly Paw ice cream sandwiches?
Ted : Just stop, sweetie. (Ted is getting rid off his ex-girlfriends stuff.)
Ted (voix off) : So I had no choice. I packed up everything I had gotten from ex-girlfriends. It was painful, but not as painful as what I had to endure later that night. New York is famous for its theater, but there's many different levels. There's Broadway, off-Broadway, off-off-Broadway, homeless people screaming in the park, and then below that, the play Aunt Lily was in.
--
.pajamas
睡衣
大家還記得這集Barney的睡衣嗎?真的有欸XD (http://goo.gl/JgzEsc)

.appeal
法律用語:上訴。
但Anne也提供我們另一種用法,指吸引某人:appeal to sb.
e.g. Fast food doesn't appeal to me.
.combat boots
戰鬥靴,或我們說的軍靴。
.argument
辯論、辯述
.Creamsicle (http://goo.gl/hUdlnw)
一種冰品,內是香草冰淇淋,外是水果口味。
又以柳橙香草最出名

.rack
指一對胸部>//<
.order
(法庭)肅靜
Anne也整理出很多法律英文:
和解 compromise
調解 conciliation
法定代理人 guardian
監護 Guardianship (legal guardian)
贍養費 maintenance
...
100多個法學常用英語(輔大法律學院)
http://goo.gl/K6uA6V
.Bennigan's
一間連鎖Irish-pub
.Danby's
加拿大的餐廳,全名為Danbys Bar & Grill
http://www.danbys.ca/


4)
Ted想要Robin放棄她和前男友們一起養的狗狗…
--
[They’re all at the bar.]
Marshall : She's not getting rid of the dogs.
Lily : What's the matter with you?
Barney : Even I wouldn't do that.
Robin : Yes!
Lily : You can ask somebody to get rid of their iguana after it poops in your hair, but not their dog.
Marshall : I miss Jebediah.
Barney : Oh, I almost forgot. Flyers for my new play.
Lily : Very funny.
Barney : Oh, it's not a joke. It's my one-man show premiering tomorrow night. And even though it's terrible and excruciatingly long, I expect you all to be there since we're such good friends.
Lily : Oh, we'll be there.
Barney : Unless, of course, you just want to admit that you were wrong...
Lily : Never.
Barney : Good. Okay, I gotta go rehearse. Oh, I almost forgot. Bring a poncho; the first three rows get wet.
--
.get rid of
除去某些東西。
例如: He's so annoying! I must get rid of him!!!
.iguana
鬣蜥蜴。
這裡分享我很愛的一種蜥蜴,傘蜥蜴XDDDD
心情不好的時候看牠就對了XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAo09yYOpCU

.premiering
初次上演
.excruciatingly
極痛苦的
Herb也補充它的名詞:excruciation (n.) 酷刑
.poncho
雨衣,或是南美人的披風式外套
 (http://goo.gl/MNwDkH)




沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...