How I Met Your Mother S02E15 - Lucky Penny 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S02E15 - Lucky Penny
--
When Ted misses his important business trip to Chicago, he tries to trace his steps back to the original incident that triggered the series of events that made him miss the flight.
--
Ted和Robin要趕飛機,因為趕不上而開始追查誰是害他們趕不上的兇手…


1)
Ted談起了漣漪效應。WHY?
--
Ted (voix off) : Kids, never underestimate the power of destiny. Because when you least expect it, the littlest thing can cause a ripple effect that changes your life. Take for instance my trip to Chicago.
[2007. Robin and Ted are running in an airport.]
Robin : That security guard was a little bit handsy.
Ted : That's funny. She barely touched me. Uh, Gate 23. Come on. If we miss this flight, I will never forgive myself.
Ted (voix off) : Why was this flight so important? Let's back up a few months to the fall of 2006. I had just sold my first building design and become the youngest project manager in my firm's history. Suddenly I was being headhunted. One firm was even considering me to run their entire New York office. They were flying me in for a final interview at their corporate headquarters in Chicago. It was the opportunity of a lifetime. It was my destiny. There was just one problem.
--
.ripple effect(http://goo.gl/yduhdF)
ripple是漣漪,而加effect指漣漪效應、連鎖效應。
即指一件事情的影響會慢慢擴散,而產生如漣漪般的情況。

.handsy
指手很喜歡毛手毛腳,或控制不住自己的手,喜歡亂摸、戳、揉等等。
簡單一句就是「手賤」XD
怎麼找到這張圖啦XD 太好笑了!(http://goo.gl/zFV6Qy)

.headhunted
獵頭、挖角。
.headquarters
總部





2)
趕到櫃台,但已經關門了…
--
Woman : Okay. They haven't armed the doors yet, so you still have a chance. It's up to the captain now and they're calling us back.
Ted : Great, please let us know as soon as you hear anything.
Woman : Sure, and for the future, we recommend you arrive at the airport an hour and a half before your flight, not, you know, one minute after.
Ted : Normally, I'm incredibly responsible. I just had to go to court this morning and get sentenced. Not that I'm a criminal or anything.
Robin : Yeah, he just jumped a subway turnstile.
Woman : You seem to have a lot of problems with the rules of travel. (The phone rings) Hello? Oh, that is great news. It's my mom-- she found her missing earring. Have a seat. I'll call you when I hear something. Where was it?
Ted : That thing better have call waiting.
Robin : Could you just call the firm and explain what happened?
Ted : It's down to three people and I know they need to make their decision today. I sort of feel my not showing up might put me at a disadvantage. I'm so stupid. Why did I have to jump that turnstile?
Robin : Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. And isn't this whole thing really Barney's fault?
Ted (voix off) : She had a point. It was kind of Barney's fault. Let's back up a few months.
--
.arm the door
這裡應該指arm the slides/rafts(救生滑梯)
.sentence(v.)
這兒是動詞,法律用語,指宣判、判決。
.turnstile
十字轉門、旋轉門。
這集演的是類似捷運的那種門(http://goo.gl/dwiBnT)

但另一種去遊樂園、動物園出口的那種也是turnstile(http://goo.gl/yCZWxN)。
(我小時候因為好奇,結果被卡在裡面差點出不來…奉勸大家小心QQ)


3)
回顧當初Marshall練馬拉松
--
[Marshall starts training for the marathon.]
Lily : "It is important to load up on carbohydrates two to four hours before a big run. Try a breakfast of a bagel, a banana, oatmeal, strawberries and some orange juice." Here you go, Marshmallow. Just like the book said.
Marshall : Yeah, but from now on, I'm eating all of my breakfast runner-style. Liquids are digested faster. That way, no energy is wasted, and it's all about the run.
Lily : "Don't forget to give yourself plenty of positive reinforcement."
Marshall : This is gonna be your best run yet. You're going to accomplish all of your goals. You are a robot sent from the future to win the marathon! You are... Marshall. You are... Marshall. You are Marshall! Yeah!
Lily : "Chafing or blisters can occur in a number of areas, including the feet, armpits, or even the nipples. Try using some petroleum jelly on the affected areas."
--
.carbohydrate
碳水化合物
而如果要減肥,要吃Low-carbohydrate diets(Low-carb diets,低碳水化合物飲食)
.chafe
磨破
.blister
起水泡
.armpit
腋窩
.petroleum jelly
凡士林(http://goo.gl/VrAzfP)

--
呃,跑馬拉松真的要很強的意志力,和足夠的練習哦!
千萬別像Barney一樣XD
然後,真的要好好保護自己,上述的這些地方真的會磨破、起水泡或流血,可以抹凡士林或是貼胸貼哦XD


沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...