How I Met Your Mother S02E13 - Columns 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S02E13 - Columns
IMDB:
Barney asks Lily to paint a nude picture of him after finding her painting of Marshall. And Ted can't find an opportune time to fire his old boss, who now works for him but still keeps undermining his work.
--
主線兩條:
Ted線:Ted和超討人厭boss Mr. Druthers之間的事情。
M&L及Barney線:大家居然發現一張Marshall的裸體畫>///<



1)
Ted的公司裡有非常討人厭的上司--Mr. Druthers。
--
[Flashback. In 1982, Ted is building a tower with legos.]
Ted (voix off) : Some kids dream of being astronauts. Some kids dream of playing baseball. When I was a kid, I had only one dream. To build a skyscraper.
Boy : That's stupid. (he destroys Ted’s tower.)
[End of flashback]
Ted (voix off) : There were some obstacles along the way. But eventually my dream came true. I became an architect.
[Ted at work.]
Ted : Morning, everyone! So, I had an idea for the atrium. Ready? Columns.
Mr. Druthers : That's stupid. (he destroys his model)
[Credits.]
Ted : I... I can't believe you knocked over my model.
Mr Druthers : Well, it's just... it's not exactly new, is it-- columns? I mean, what's your next groundbreaking idea-- ceilings? Floors? Windows?
Ted (voix off) : I know what you're thinking: Who's this jerk? Well, this jerk was Hammond Druthers, a legend in the architecture community. Very big in the '80s. He was also far and away the worst boss I ever had. Then I designed the Spokane National Bank Building. And suddenly... I was his boss. - And he didn't like it.
Mr Druthers : Stairs?
Ted (voix off) : And to be honest, I wasn't sure I liked it either. See, before, when I was just another employee, I was happy, carefree. The guy who hung out in the break room making fun of the boss.
--
.along the way
一路上、沿路上
.atrium
門廊
.column
圓柱(http://goo.gl/E0CJs7

.knock over
打翻
.groundbreaking
這可以說是建築師的小雙關吧。
groundbreaking當形容詞,指開創性的;但它同時也是建築工程時的破土。
.far and away
無疑地
.break room(http://goo.gl/8D691R
休息室、茶水間


2)
Ted很想解雇他的前老闆。
--
[Flashback. Ted is with the Managing Partner.]
MP : Fire him.
Ted : Well, sir, I was thinking he could just be put on a different project.
MP : Fire him! He's an arrogant, washed-up, pain in the ass. In fact, fire everyone on that project. Druthers, Mosby, the whole lot of them.
Ted : Mosby, sir? I, I... I hear Mosby's doing some great work.
MP : Fine, Mosby can stay. But tell him he's on thin ice. Come here. I like you, Crosby.
[End of flashback. Back at Ted’s apartment.]
Barney : You mind if I charge my phone?
Ted : Knock yourself out.
Robin : Well, Ted, if you do fire Druthers, the key is timing. Remember when I had to fire my makeup artist?
--
.arrogant
驕傲自大,目中無人。
.washed-up
過氣了的、已完蛋的。
.pain in the ass
似「眼中盯」,指頭痛的人、物,也有人說pain in the butt
那補充一些關於butt的片語吧!
*Can you get your butt down here? 能不能麻煩你來一下(不耐)
*He came out butt-naked. 他全裸的跑了出來
http://som.twbbs.org/klee/notebook/note48.htm
完了一直想到這張圖XD
 (http://goo.gl/NgzNMH)


.knock sb. out
等於"Go for it"

3)
大家發現Marshall的裸體畫!!!
--
[In Ted’s apartment.]
Robin : So, you didn't fire him?
Ted : I can't fire a guy on his birthday. Everyone would hate me. Besides, they put a party hat on me. My authority was compromised.
Barney : Oh, hey, Marshall. Have a seat. I know how much you love stools.
Marshall : Thanks. Yeah, stools are better for your posture.
Robin : And, uh... I... got you a rose.
Marshall : Thank you. That's so sweet. You guys are being... so sweet.
Barney : Hey, guys. Guess what I got. A new dart.
Robin : Oh, wow, a new dart.
Ted : Hey, that new dart is great.
Robin : I did not know you were such a fan of new dart, Barney.
Barney : Oh, yes, Robin, I just love new dart. Nude art.
Ted : Nude art.
Robin : Nude art.
Marshall : Okay, all right, so what, you guys found the painting, huh?
Lily :I knew this day would come.
Marshall : How did you know that?
Lily : Because I didn't hide it very well.
--
http://veevr.com/videos/4py8HSCt
哎喲這集就看片段就好了,這個諧音梗很有趣XD
new dart-> nude art
.stool:凳子
.dart:飛鏢


4)
Marshall講述起為何他要當model
--
[Flashback. In 1998, lily’s on the bad while Marshall’s playing a videogame.]
Ted (voix off) : So the story on the painting is that,back in college, Lily wanted to do a nude study for her art class. Marshall wasn't so into the idea.
Marshall : Well, I just... don't think that some dude should drop trou just to pose for you.
Lily : It's for class, and it's just that weird kid Hunter from my freshman hall.
Marshall : The frisbee dude with the soul patch? He's like the hottest guy in school!
Lily : No, he's actually a little husky...
Marshall : Oh, he's just huggable! And complicated... and a little bit of a jerk. Just enough so you think maybe you can change him.
Lily : Okay, just forget it.
Marshall : Call me old-fashioned, I just think that I'm the only guy you should see naked.
Lily : Well, then you'll have to do it.
Marshall : Are you kidding me? What if somebody sees it?
Lily : We're not in high school anymore. People don't make fun of you for posing nude for a painting. We're adults now.
[End of flashback.]
Barney : We totally saw your butt.
Marshall : This painting has caused too much grief already. I'm destroying it right now.
Barney : Oh, no, what's the matter, Marshall?
Marshall : Where is it?
Barney : I'll tell you where it is if you'll answer these riddles three.
Marshall : You hung it up in the bar, didn't you?
Barney : Yo, why you gotta ruin my riddles?
Ted : Field trip!
--
.frisbee
飛盤
.soul patch
一種小鬍子,在嘴脣下方(http://goo.gl/OPPiJn)

.husky
[俚]粗魯的、結實的
沒錯,它也是哈士奇哦!
.grief
悲傷


5)
Marshall發現自己的畫被放在bar。
--
[Marshall comes running into the bar with the others]
Barney : Oh, no. Someone put your painting up behind the bar. Classic! What a memorable prank.
Carl : Hey, Marshall. What'll you have?
Marshall : What'll I have? Um, I don't know, maybe a beer and that nude painting of me hanging behind the bar!
Carl : Ooh, I'm sorry, that painting's property of the bar.
Marshall : I know that Barney gave you that painting.
Carl : I don't know what you're talking about.
Marshall : Whatever he's paying you, I'll pay you double.
Carl : I doubt it.
Marshall : Whatever he's paying you, I'll give you that plus ten bucks.
Carl : I doubt it.
Marshall : All right, you know what, Carl, you just lost yourself a regular customer.
Carl : I doubt it.
Marshall : This painting is the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
Robin : Okay, where should we put it up next? In his law school? Ooh on the side of a bus. Oh, oh! How much do billboards cost?
Barney : Easy, Scherbatsky. Finesse. I've got a five-year rollout plan. I'll have you know that painting's got commitments all over the city. Then, after New York...
(Marshall runs to the painting, takes it and goes out yelling.)
Ted : One of my worst fears has come true-- I just saw Marshall grabbing himself naked. Well, I gotta go. Believe it or not, I have to go back to the office.
Robin : Oh, I'll go out with you. Bye, guys.
(Ted and Robin leave. There’s only Lily ant Barney left.)
Lily : You know, I wish everyone didn't have to make fun of that painting.
Barney : Eh, we're not making fun of the painting, we're just making fun of Marshall. The painting's actually really great.
Lily : Are you serious?
Barney : Yeah.
Lily : Well, thank you. You know, seeing it again makes me miss painting nudes. What?
Barney : Paint me.
Lily : What?
Barney : Paint me.
--
.billboard(http://goo.gl/XQ3Sss)
廣告看板。上高速公路會看到的那種超大型的XD
口語會說T-bar。


.finesse
手腕、策略
.rollout
推出
--
Barney真是壞透了XD
補上Marshall nude art 出處:http://goo.gl/dVr6K3




6)
Ted本來已經想說和Druthers打好關係了,沒想到…
--
[Ted arrives at the office.]
Ted : That cabby would not shut up.
Mr Druthers : Yeah, we should call him a gabby.
Ted : I think it, you say it.
Mr Druthers : Hey, uh... thanks for putting me up last night, buddy. Give 'em hell.
Ted : Morning, team. So, I have given it some thought, and I say we revisit columns.
Mr Druthers : Oh, God, not this again. Ted, a man in a toga just arrived and delivered a parchment. Let me read it: Oh! It's from ancient Greece. They want their basic architectural elements back. Geez.
Ted : What?
Mr Druthers : You didn't hear me? Toga, parchment...
Ted : Can I see you for one second?
Mr Druthers : Ooh, I'm in trouble now.
Ted : What are you doing? I thought we were friends. You slept on my couch, you ate my cereal. I tossed you more toilet paper.
Mr Druthers : We are friends. But that doesn't magically make your bad ideas good.
Ted : What? I don't believe this! You're, you're, you're wearing my clothes! And my girlfriend's... sneakers, man, you have weirdly small feet.
Mr Druthers : Ted, I hope that you're not going to let our professional woes interfere with our friendship, because I really kind of need you right now.
--
.cabby
美式口語,計程車司機。
所以我們會說take a cab!
.gabby
口語,愛說話的、多嘴的。
這和上面的cabby有諧音
.toga(http://goo.gl/EpFHMS)
長袍

.parchment(http://goo.gl/f5wU2i)
羊皮紙。
TOEFL出現過的單字哦!!!


沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...