How I Met Your Mother S02E14 - Monday Night Football 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S02E14 - Monday Night Football
--
IMDB:
Everybody misses the Super Bowl because of a funeral. Therefore, they all try to go 24 hours without finding out who won so that they can watch the game together on Monday night.
--
大家沒有看到Super bowl,但他們約定好要一起看。怎知…




1)
這次談Super Bowl!!!
--
[They’re all at Mclaren’s]
Ted : Marshall, you're on beer detail. Lily, you're making the bean dip. Uh, Robin, you're on chips and pretzels, and Barney, I'm giving you nothing to do so you can just focus on controlling your gambling problem.
Barney : "Problem." Oh, poor Superman, he should really do something about his flying problem. It's not a problem if you're awesome at it.
Ted : And I will be going to Quinn's to pick up the world's greatest food, the Super Bowl Hot Wings Platter.
Marshall : If I were a chicken, I'd go cannibal for those bad boys. Just eat my own damn wing off. I don't care. I'm crazy like that.
The waitress : Here's the info for tomorrow night.
Ted : What's tomorrow night?
The waitress : Oh, God, you didn't hear? Mark died.
Lily : Oh, my God.
Marshall : Oh, my gosh.
The waitress : The funeral's tomorrow at 6:00, and I know it would have meant a lot to Mark if you came. You guys were his favorite customers.
All : Stay strong. We're so sorry. (the waitress leaves)
Ted : Who was Mark?
Marshall : No idea.
Barney : Not a clue.
Lily : Well, I guess we should go, right?
Marshall : Wait... tomorrow night at 6:00, that's the Super Bowl.
Ted : Okay, I feel terrible, but the truth is we didn't know Mike.
Lily : Mark.
Ted : Mark, and as long as we send flowers, I can't think of any reason we'd have to
Carl (at the bar) : Get out of here! I never want to see your face in this bar again! This soulless bastard just told me he can't come to Mark's funeral because he wants to watch the Super Bowl. Could you believe that? You guys are coming, right?
All : Yes... Wouldn't miss for the world.
--
.detail
小組、分遣隊

.pretzel
椒鹽卷餅
.platter
淺盤,通常是橢圓形的
.cannibal
同類相食、食人者。
知名的食人魔Hannibal應該就是取自這個單字。(http://goo.gl/HQ1LyA)


.not a clue(http://goo.gl/u2pnMY)
完全沒有任何頭緒,也同no idea, not a glimmer



.wouldn't miss for the world
不會因為任何原因而錯失





2)
因為要去參加喪禮,他們沒有辦法準時看super ball了…
--
[At the apartment they’re preparing for the funeral.]
Ted : Okay, here's the plan : record the game, go to the funeral, pay our respects to Matt...
Lily : Mark.
Ted : Mark, and start watching only an hour late.
Marshall : Okay, that's great, but just to make sure it records, maybe we should bow our heads and say a quiet prayer to the TiVo gods.
Ted : Almighty TiVo, we thank you for all the gifts you have given us: the power to freeze live TV to go take a leak is nothing short of Godlike. Let's not forget fast-forwarding through commercials. It seems greedy to ask anything more from you, O magic box, but if you malfunction and miss the Super Bowl, we will destroy you in the alley with baseball bats.
Marshall : Amen.
Ted : Amen.
Lily : We are not fast-forwarding through the commercials.
Robin : Yeah, they're the best part.
Ted : Oh, come on. Remember last year? Who wants to watch a monkey in a coconut bra order a pizza?
Robin : Oh, my God. This monkey was so cute.
(Barney comes into the apartment. He’s on the phone.)
Barney : Seriously, that's the last time I'm gonna call you today. Okay. Good-bye. You didn't hang up either! I know! You hang up! You hang up! My bookie. Great guy.
Ted : So let me get this straight. A funeral is the one time you don't suit up?
Barney : Have I taught you nothing, Ted?
Ted : Virtually.
Barney : Suits are full of joy. They're the sartorial equivalent of a baby's smile.
Ted : «Sartorial"?
Barney : "Of or pertaining to tailors or their trade." Suits are for the living. That's why when it's my time to R.I.P. I'm going out of this world the same way I came into it buck naked. Yeah. It's gonna be awesome. Open bar for the guys, open casket for the ladies. What up?!
--
.bow our heads
bow heads,因為bow是蝴蝶結,因此一開始我以為就是頭上戴蝴蝶結(bow head)。
然而感謝Bill的解釋,這其實就是雙手合十、祈禱的動作!(http://goo.gl/4uYdGO


.TiVo(http://goo.gl/veuktI)
美國家喻戶曉的數位錄放影機,它可以錄下你想看的節目哦!
這兒有介紹:http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=347&t=294620&p=1
實際上台灣已經上市了,它的功能也和MOD挺像的!

.Almighty
全能的
.take a leak
=go to urinate,也就是去上廁所啦
.fast-forwarding
快轉
.virtually
實際上、事實上、差不多
.sartorial
縫紉的
.buck naked
全裸。
有人指出,這應該改作butt naked才對,這樣其實很清楚:屁股光光,也就是全裸。
但實際上,的確早期有buck naked的用法。這個buck在早期有Native American的意思,有人認為因為Native American衣服穿得較少,所以這樣稱呼。
總之皆指全裸。
如果有興趣可以看這兒的討論哦:http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/22973/which-is-correct-buck-naked-or-butt-naked
.casket
首飾盒,或指棺材、骨灰盒。



3)
所有人約好,直到晚上看重播之前都不能知道比賽結果!
這也太難了,尤其對Robin來說…
--
[Robin at work.]
Ted (voix off) : The media blackout was particularly hard on Robin because, well, she was the media.
Robin : But unfortunately, the City won't be fixing the unusually large pothole any time soon, so buckle up if you're on the BQE. It's gonna be a bumpy one.
Kevin : Like morning commutes needed to get any harder.
Robin : You're right, Kevin.
Kevin : Well, Robin, what do you say? I think it's time to check in with Sid for a sports update.
Robin : No!
Kevin : What?
Robin : No.
Kevin : But it's, uh, time for Sports.
Robin : No, it's not. It's time for Weather.
Kevin : We, we just did Weather.
Robin : Well, weather's pretty fickle, it may have changed. What's it doing out there, Lou?
Lou : Pretty much the same thing it was two minutes ago. Back to you, Robin.
Kevin : Okay, now it's time for Sports.
Robin : No! Let's go to Traffic Todd in the Metro News 1 Gridlock Chopper.
Kevin : Robin, it's time for Sports! Over to you, Sid.
Sid : Thank you, Kevin and Robin. Let's talk about the Super Bowl.
--
.pothole
路面坑洞

.buckle up(http://goo.gl/UWD89Q)
繫緊安全帶

.BQE(http://goo.gl/NrymJR)
Brooklyn-Queens Expressway
是連接Brooklyn和Queens的快速道路。

.fickle
變化多端的。

4)
每個人都不能看Super Bowl的比分,實在辛苦啊。
--
[Ted’s place. Barney’s still tied up to the radiator.]
Barney : Unlock me, Ted. I've never gone this long without calling my bookie. He worries.
Ted : Not until game time.
Barney : Where are you going?
Ted : Pick up the hot wings.
Barney : What? How the hell are you planning on getting in and out of a sports bar without seeing the score? There's TVs everywhere.
Ted : Ah, don't worry. I got it all planned out. First of all: I placed duct tape on a pair of sunglasses so I can only see out of two tiny holes. Next, I constructed blinders out of an old cereal box. Top it all off: high-tech noise-reducing headphones I bought when Marshall and Lily first got back together and were doing it a lot. I call it the Sensory Deprivator 5000.

[Ted walks into a sports bar.]
Ted : Hello! Uh, my name is Ted Mosby. I'm here to pick up my hot wings. In my hand, you'll find the exact total for the wings plus a generous tip. Please take the cash. Put the wings in my hand and I'll be on my way. Thank you!
[Back to Metro News One.]
Sid : And that closes the book on one heck of a Super Bowl. Back to you, Kevin and Robin.
(Robin has blocked her ears.)
Kevin : We'll be right back.
Man : And we're clear.
Robin : I'm sorry.
Woman : Um, Robin, is it just me, or were you doing something different there?
Robin : I haven't watched the game yet. I'm begging you, for the rest of the newscast there can't be any references to who won the Super Bowl. I mean, change the teleprompter. No team names, nothing specific.
Woman : That is crazy. I can't do that.
Robin : My friend Mark passed away this week.
Woman : Okay, sweety okay. Okay, I'm so sorry.
Man : Back in five... four... three...
Robin : It’s just so hard.
--
.radiator
暖爐,柵欄式的那種(http://goo.gl/kRJbm2)

.bookie
欸,翻成「組頭」可能比較合適
就是賭博的組頭囉!
.duct tape
萬用膠帶
.Sensory Deprivator 5000
Ted的發明,用來阻絕一切聽、視覺的影響XD
sensory是感官,deprivation是剝奪,但我不知為何是5000(代表有4999個失敗品嗎XD)
除了在這集之外,還有在S06E13出現過哦,大家還記得嗎XD(http://goo.gl/CoqocC)

.one heck of
heck是hell的代稱,它可以是負面的(I'm on heck of mess)或正面的,指remarkable
Ciao給我們個例句:"That was a heck of an impressive speech. Have one heck of a good time."
.teleprompter
提詞機

5)
Marshall、Lily和Robin部分,要怎麼拒絕外來的新聞咧XD
--
[Marshall is still in lily’s classroom. Lily’s reading a book.]
Doug : The team that won, want to know what their name rhymes with?
Marshall : Come on, dude. You promised you'd stop if I ate all those crayons. Why are you doing this?
Doug : I'm in love with Miss Aldrin.
Marshall : Well, you can't have Miss Aldrin, she's mine.
(Doug drops an object and breaks it.)
Lily : Okay, now who did this?
Marshall : I did.
Doug : Does that mean Marshall gets a time-out?
Lily : Well, Marshall's a grownup, so...
Doug : When one of us breaks something, we get a time-out.
Lily : Sorry. Marshall gets a time-out.

[At Robin’s work.]
Robin : And after the Super Bowl, the mayor of the losing team's city had to pay up, sending the mayor of the winning team's city 15 pounds of a delicacy his of her city is famous for. Better fire up whatever type of grill, steamer or fryer one might use to cook that delicacy, Winning Team's Mayor.
[Back to Lily’s classroom.]
Doug : Hey. Hey.
Marshall : I’m not talking to you.
Doug : Yes, you are. You'll do whatever I say. Hold your breath.
Marshall : I'm not holding my breath.
Doug : The winning team was the... (Marshall holds his breath) Now here's how this is going to work: you're going to take me to three R-rated movies a week...
Ted (voix off) : And then Uncle Marshall got an idea. It was not one he was proud of in retrospect, but desperate times...
[Marshall takes a glass of water and throwns it on Doug’s pants.]
Marshall : Oh, no. Somebody wet their pants.
Doug : No, I didn't.
Marshall : Oh, really? Who's everyone gonna believe? I'm a grownup third-year law student at Columbia and you're just a little pants wetter. So now I ask you a question: You want to be able to quietly sneak off to the restroom and dry off or am I gonna have something for show and tell today? Hey, everyone...
Doug : Okay, okay. You win.
Marshall : I want my money back. And your pudding snack pack.
--
.time-out
可以指時間暫停,也可以指面壁思過!
.hold breath(https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2018882304/h43138183/)
憋氣。
Marshall真的被玩得團團轉XD

.R-rated
17歲以下需父母陪同的電影。
大致分為五級,G(General Audience)、PG(Parental Guidance Suggested)、PG-13(Parents Strongly Cautioned)、R(Restricted)及NC-17(No One 17 and Under Admitted)。
詳細可以看:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_rating_system
.retrospect
回想起來
.sneak off
偷偷溜走
.pudding snack pack
一種美國的零食,品名就叫"Snack Pack"
不知道好不好吃:3(http://goo.gl/t4WO6d)


沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...