How I Met Your Mother S02E20 - Showdown 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S02E20 - Showdown
Barney終於要去找他的親生父親了!?
另一方面,Ted和Marshall在演練wedding toast;而Lily和Robin在婚禮前遇到了一些問題..............
--
IMDB:
Barney becomes a contestant on "The Price Is
Right" so that he can confront Bob Barker, because he is believes that the
game show host is his biological father.


--

1)
在Lily和Marshall的婚禮前,大家發現兩個人根本就是共生體啊!
(p.s. 這集用影片學習法看看,大家試試吧XD)
--
Ted (2030): When the marriage approched, some weird stuff started happening.
Lily: Why does my stomach hurt?
Marshall: I'm sorry, baby. I ate a bunch of ice cream earlier today.
Lily: Oh, baby, you know we're lactose-intolerant.
Tes : Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Are you suggesting that when one of you feels something, the other feels it, too? Oh, God, you guys are so codependent.
Lily: No, we're not.
Ted: Oh, really? What about the other day?
[Flashback. Lily and Marshall are in the kitchen.]
Lily: Oh, I need to get some eggs.
Marshall: Oh, I'll come with you.
(Marshall accompanies Lily up to the refrigerator. )
[End of flashback.]
Marshall: Just because we like spending time together doesn't mean we're codependent.
Barney: Really? Then whatever happened to your plan of spending the last two weeks before your wedding sleeping apart?
Marshall: Okay, we decided not to do that because of...
Lily: Logistics. Wedding logistics.
Marshall: Frickin' logistics, man. They mess everything up.
Ted: You didn't do it because you couldn't do it.
Marshall : Sure we could.
Robin : Then why don't you? You can stay with me.
Lily : It would make our wedding night more special.
Marshall: Okay, let's do it.
Lily: Done.
Marshall: I'm gonna go grab a beer.
Lily: I'll come with you. No. I'll stay.
--
.lactose-intolerant:乳糖不耐症
好像不少美國人都有乳糖不耐症欸!
TBBT的Leonard也有呢!
.codependent:相互依存
.last two weeks before your wedding sleeping apart
似乎是某種婚前的習俗,在婚前準新人們要分開居住一陣子。
在台灣好像沒有特別聽過,有其他人聽過的嗎?
.wedding logistics
有點難翻譯。
logistics是物流,而中文好像沒有直接的翻法,反正就是包含了食物、花、樂手等需要的人力和物件。
Ciao貼心的幫我們找到了清單XD
http://www.eventeducation.com/wedding-logistic.php
--
直接放影片學習會更快嗎?
還是照片比較好呢?

2)
[每日一句/詞 141002]S02E20-2
Lily在抱怨準備婚禮的事。
Barney剛好說到他要去上節目!
--
Lily: Okay, I know. You know? I got to go. Good-bye. My mom's driving me cra.... God, you guys are covered in sauce. We'll get to that. Me first. My mom is driving me crazy about the wedding music. The woman takes one cruise to Jamaica, and suddenly, it's "not a party without steel drums." Doesn't everybody know you're not supposed to stress out a bride right before her wedding?! Okay, sauce, go.
Ted : Long story. I'll tell you later.
Barney : Yeah. It's a dirty story, isn't it? You guys went out to dinner, did it in the kitchen and got caught. Scherbatsky reeks of someone who likes to get caught.
Robin: Okay, now I have to wash up for two reasons.
Marshall: Oh, you didn't. That's right.
Barney: So you and Lily really think you can spend two weeks apart?
Marshall: You know what, Barney? Lily and I are a lot less chees than you make us out to be.
Lily : Marshmallow, don't forget to pack my night-night tape.
Barney : Night-night tape? Did you make a tape of you saying "night-night" to her?
Marshall : No.
Lily: He doesn't say it. He sings it.
Barney: Oh, that is so sweet. Why don't you kiss? I love it when two chicks make out.
Lily: Damn it. Nobody's bought us anything cool yet off our registry.
Barney: What's on there?
Lily: Ooh, lots of stuff. Kitchen Aide Artisan Series tilt-head stand mixer...
Barney: Retail price $319.99. What else?
Lily : Um, the Dyson DC17 Animal vacuum.
Barney: Ah, $549.99. A little greedy, don't you think?
Marshall : Did you memorize our registry?
Barney : No, I'm training.
Marshall : Training? For what?
Barney : I'm glad you asked. Ted, Robin, get in here! You guys know how it's hard to be friends with me 'cause I'm so awesome?
Ted: Yes, it's hard to be friends with you. Go on.
Barney: Well, this isn't going to make it any easier. I am going to be on... The Price Is Right.
Marshall : No way!
Ted : What?!
Barney : Yes, in a couple days, Rich Fields is going to call out my name, and I will come on down.
Marshall : Whoa, that is so awesome.
Robin: Barney, I didn't know you were such a fan of The Price is Right.
Barney: Are you kidding? T.P.I.R. is not just an indescribably entertaining hour of television, it's a microcosm of our entire economic system-- a capitalist utopia, where consumers are rewarded for their persistence, market acumen and intrepid spirit. I gaze upon the glory of The Price Is Right, and I see the face of America. And it is divine. Plus, you know, hot chicks on sports cars.
Ted (2030) : Then Lily headed out to Robin's for her first night away from Marshall.
Lily: I'm ready! (Lily comes into the livingroom with her wedding dress while Robin singings.) Ta-da-da-da-da...
Robin: Wow, Lily, you look so beautiful.
Lily: I know! I'm beautiful! I'm a fairy princess! (she raises her arms and the dress falls.) I'm too skinny for my dress!
--
.reeks of:散發出…的氣息、臭味
.Lily and I are a lot less chees:?求解>"<
chees不知道是拼錯還是什麼?難道是cheese?
但看上下文,應該是指:我和Lily才沒有你們說的那麼誇張
.tilt-head stand mixer:可掀式攪拌器(http://goo.gl/bAWI8u

.vacuum:吸塵器
.The Price is Right:(http://goo.gl/lKXtJQ
一個美國長壽的電視節目,很像是台灣的「全能比價王」之類的;
猜到正確的價錢就能把商品帶回家XD

.microcosm:微觀世界
.capitalist:資本家
.utopia:烏托邦,理想國
.market acumen:
acumen是敏銳度、手腕,連在一起就是市場敏銳度,或是商業手腕的意思。
acu-這個字首就是指尖銳的,如acute指「尖的、銳角的、高音的」、acuminous指銳敏的、尖銳的意思。

.intrepid:剛毅的



3)
Marshall和Ted在討論wedding toast;而Lily婚前發現她的婚紗太鬆了!
--
[End of flashback.]
Marshall : Are you crazy? You cannot tell that story at my wedding. My entire family's gonna be there. My little cousins, my mom, my grandma, my grandpa the minister.
Ted : That grandpa died three years ago.
Marshall: His favorite grandson is getting married, Ted. I think he can take a day off from haunting the barn to make an appearance.
(Barney comes into the apartment yelling, then he leaves again and yells differently.)
Barney: So which one, "A" or "B"?
Marshall: What was that?
Barney: I have to decide how to run to contestant's row when they say, "Barney Stinson, come on down!"
Ted : Oh, I didn't realize that's what it was. Can you do them again?
Barney : Yeah, of course. (Barney leaves again, behind him Ted closes the door.) Hey! Very funny. Just for that, when I win all the prizes, the only thing you guys are getting is Rice-A-Roni and Turtle Wax.
[At Robin’s apartment, Lily’s on the phone…]
Lily: It's $300 just to take the bust in? Oh, please, you have to have some sympathy for me. I'm getting married next Saturday, and I'm too skinny for my dress. I lost all this weight without even trying. Hello?
Robin: What happened?
Lily: She called me a bitch and hung up. Oh, I don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to pay the $300.
Robin: Pay the $300? Lily, are you crazy? This isn't a problem. It's a license to eat. Look, what have you always wanted to eat but didn't because it was too ridiculously decadent?
Lily : Ooh, a Valrhona chocolate soufflée with a raspberry brandy sauce topped with caramelized bananas and hazelnut gelato.
Robin : I have Cool Whip and half a bag of Fritos.
Lily : Done!
[At the apartment…]
Ted : Okay, think you're gonna be happy with my new toast. There's nothing sexual. It's, uh, it's just the story of an important moment in your relationship.
Marshall: I'm all ears.
Ted: Hello, everyone, I'm Ted Mosby, Marshall's best man.
Marshall: Nice.
Ted: Right? That's great. Back when we were all freshman and Marshall and Lily were just a few short weeks into their relationship... It was 4:00 in the morning, and I'm not gonna lie, we were a wee bit wasted. We were starving. So I'd gone out to get us some snacks, and when I got back...
[Flasback. In their college room, Lily and Marshall are sitting on the floor, when Ted comes in with the snacks, Lily doesn’t see him.]
Marshall : I love you.
Lily : I love you, too. I know it's soon to say it, but I'm so glad you did.
Marshall: Yeah. (Ted leaves the room.)
--
.contestant:選手的
.Rice-A-Roni:一種食物,有點像是快速微波食品,很簡單就能做出一道料理
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/01/53/00/43/0001530043980_500X500.jpg

.Turtle Wax:一個洗車車蠟等的牌子

.Valrhona:法芙娜巧克力,很貴但很讚>//< (http://goo.gl/2nGiAy

.soufflée:甜點,近來應該挺常聽到的。
找了個食譜,大家可以自己做做看!
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2922/hot-chocolate-souffl-
.brandy:白蘭地
.cool whip:類似鮮奶油之類的東西
.Fritos:一種餅乾

.I'm all ears:洗耳恭聽
一直很喜歡這個片語,超具象化的XD
不過全身都是耳朵的圖片太噁心了,我找個可愛點的替代XD
http://goo.gl/lRILgj




沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...