How I Met Your Mother S02E21 - Something Borrowed 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S02E21 - Something Borrowed

Marshall和Lily規畫已久的婚禮:) 瘋狂又溫馨可愛的一集♥

Marshall and Lily's wedding is destined to become a disaster, until fate intervenes and makes it perfect.

--
1)
劇情連結:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFmO7gLmchE

Lily和Marshall的婚禮即將舉行,他們心目中的婚禮是怎樣呢:3?
--
Ted (2030) : In May of 2007, Aunt Lily and Uncle Marshall got married at the historic Van Smoot House in upstate New York.
[Lily and Robin enter in a house…]
Robin : Wow, it's beautiful, Lily.
Lily : Yeah. It's just how I always pictured it.
Ted (2030): Well, that was a load of crap. You see, kids, when you get married, you learn a hard lesson. The wedding you set out to have is almost never the wedding you end up with.

[At the bar, 8 months before the wedding…]
Lily : So, we've decided on a small, outdoor wedding, just family and close friends. No more than 25 people in a beautiful garden somewhere, maybe an acoustic guitar playing while we walk down the aisle.
Barney : And maybe you already know someone who went down to the courthouse and registered as an officiant so that he or she-- he-- could perform the ceremony.
Robin : But you hate marriage. Why do you want to perform the ceremony?
Barney : Because it subtly implants in the mind of every woman there that when I ask a question, you say, "I do." Yeah.
--
.Van Smoot House
這是Marshall和Lily結婚的地方。
不過這裡有個小彩蛋,其實Van Smoot是劇中某位角色的名字哦,有人知道嗎XD
這個人其實對於M和L的婚姻有很大的影響。
雖然不知道是不是刻意的,但也是個有趣的冷知識。
明天公佈解答!XD


↓解答請反白
[其實就是The Captain囉XD]

.acoustic guitar
acoustic是聲、聽覺的,而acoustic guitar是木吉他,也就是民謠吉他。
吉他常聽到的分類即:古典吉他、民謠吉他及電吉他。
古典吉他當然就稱為classic guitar,它的音色比較柔和、圓滑,用尼龍為弦;
民謠吉他的弦常用銅或鋼絲,音色較為響亮,適合用在自彈自唱;
電吉他(Electric guitar)大半是實心的,需要音箱來做共鳴,也可接上效果器做出效果。

以上是看網站(http://guitarhk.com/basics/guitar-type.html)現學現賣XD
如果有人會吉他的也歡迎來分享哦!

.officiant:主祭
其實也就是主持婚禮的那位,通常是牧師。
不過像這集Lily和Marshall是由Barney主婚,又或是Friends中Monica及Chandler的婚禮上是由Joey主婚,也算是近年來的一種趨勢哦。
也就是,站在婚禮台上主持婚禮的人可以是你親密的家人、朋友、長輩,再也不會是你不熟悉的人了:)
像這集及Friends那集都超級溫馨的 

要如何當officiant?可以上網登記,但一定要確保你時間來得及,以及取得機構的合法性哦。
雖然大部分的我們用不到,但可以參考這類網站:
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-ceremony/articles/friend-officiate-ceremony-how-to.aspx

.implant
植入、灌輸。
而breast implants大家應該可以猜得出來是什麼意思吧:3


2)
本日影片連結:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFmO7gLmchE#t=51

[每日一句/詞 141016] S02E21-2

Ted (2030) : The closer you get to the big day, the more concessions you make.
[At the apartment, 6 months before the wedding…]
Lily : Great. Now my mom's making me invite the Lessners. This puts our numbers in the triple digits.
Robin : Wow. I guess sometimes, Lessner is more... ner. You know how like sometimes less is more.
Ted : Yeah. This is one of those times, sweetie?
Marshall : You know what? That's okay. It'll be a slightly big outdoor wedding.

[At the bar, 5 months before the wedding…]
Lily : So it's not going to be an outdoor wedding anymore. Marshall's dad is convinced if we have an outdoor wedding in New York, he's going to get mugged, so it's going to be inside now. It'll be great. We're still going to have our acoustic guitar player.

[At the apartment, 3 months before the wedding…]
Lily : So now, instead of an acoustic guitar, we're having a harp player. Yeah. My dad owes a guy, and... that guy's daughter plays the harp.
Barney : Is she hot? I'd love to be able to cross "harp player" off my list.
Marshall : How long is this list?
Barney : Dude, I'm not gonna count how many pages the list is. I'm not crass.
Lily : Well, it doesn't matter anyway. She's pregnant.
Barney : Sweet! I can cross off two things.
--
.concession
讓步

.mug
這裡指搶劫。
你也知道,很多人覺得紐約治安很差XD
尤其Eriksen一家又是在純樸的MinnesotaXD

.harp
豎琴

.cross sth. off
劃掉。

.crass
可以指粗魯無禮的人,也是指愚鈍、蠢的意思。





3)
本日影片連結:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFmO7gLmchE#t=159

[每日一句/詞 141017] S02E21-3
隨著時間推進,越接近婚禮,越來越多的問題.....
--
[1 hour and 38 minutes before the wedding…]
Robin : Holy crap, we have to fire her. She's gonna drop a shorty in the middle of your ceremony.
Lily : Robin, I'm not going to freak myself out. I hate those women who say, "Oh, my wedding has to be perfect." Things go wrong. Sometimes the deejay screws up your playlist. Sometimes you slip on placenta during the recessional.
(Barney arrives at the bar of the wedding…)
Barney : Can I grab a scotch and soda real quick?
Barman : No. I'm not allowed to serve anything until the reception.
Barney : Wow. You just cost yourself a big tip, buddy.
Barman : I'm not allowed to accept tips, buddy.
Barney : You allowed to accept criticism? You, sir, are an ass... buddy.

[In Lily’s room…]
Barney : Hey, you want to know what line doesn't work on a harp player? "Hey, baby, want to pluck?"
Robin : Really? That didn't work.
Barney : Not even a little. Hey! Who's Bill?
Lily : Bill?
Barney : Yeah. This guy came up to me at the bar.

[Flashback.]
Bill : Can I ask you something? Where in the ceremony is the place where they ask if anyone objects?
Barney : Uh... Don't think they do that anymore.
Bill : Oh, so when do you think someone should do it? Just wait for a lull or what?

[End of flashback.]
Lily : Oh, no. Did he look like a guy who tried to be an umpire but failed?
Barney : He kind of did.
Lily : That's Scooter.
Robin : Your high school boyfriend, Scooter?
Lily : His real name is Bill. My mom must have invited him.
Robin : Why? Why would she do that?
Lily : Our families are really close. But my ex-boyfriend? Come on, Mom. I didn't invite that professional squash player Dad busted you with. Oh, I need a glass of wine.
Barney : I'll get it.
Lily : Oh, thanks. Hey, how's Marshall doing?
Barney : He's great. He's about to get his hair cut.
Lily : Oh. I'm worried my cousin's going to cut it too short.
Barney : Me, too. I was up all night.
(Barney leaves the room when Scooter comes in…)
Scooter : Hello, Lily.
Barney : Hey, Bill.
Scooter : Hey, Barney.
Lily : Scooter, what are you doing here?
Scooter : It's not "Scooter" anymore. It's Bill. A lot of things have changed about me, Lily, but one hasn't. I still love you. And I came here to win you back.
Lily : You're really cute. Oh, no. Really?
Scooter: Lily, I-I know it's crazy, but I love you, and if you can look me in the eye and tell me that you want to marry Marshall, I will leave right now and be out of your life forever.
Lily : I want... I want... Scooter!
--
.placenta:胎盤
這裡補充一個上一段的一句用語:
"When are you due?"
這是指「你的預產期什麼時候?」
這張圖也超可愛的XD (http://goo.gl/GNRKE5),到底要怎樣才能判斷一個女生是否懷孕XDDD



.recessional:婚禮退場(http://goo.gl/NBlP8u)



.pluck:撥
這裡即是撥豎琴的弦。
不過,Barney這句話一定是有雙關。
查了一下Urban dictionary,發現是有fxxk的意思,不過...這裡看到的幾乎所有字都有暗示XD
所以我也沒有很確定XD"

.object:拒絕
即在婚禮上,要準備宣告兩人成為夫妻時,主婚人會問:有沒有人反對?
這裡居然有一篇在寫"Stop a Wedding"的文章,還圖文並茂欸!真有趣XD
http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Wedding

.lull:暫停



4)
本日影片網址:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFmO7gLmchE#t=800

[每日一句/詞 141018-19] S02E21-4/5

Marshall剃了他的頭,Lily諸事不順。
他們的婚禮該怎麼辦?
--
Barney : It would cover up the problem. It's festive and it celebrates the heritage of this great nation.
Ted : Okay, unless you actually have one in your car, stop suggesting authentic Native American headdress.
Marshall : Oh, no.
Lily : Oh, my God! Marshall...
Marshall : Lily, you're not supposed to see me.
Robin : Holy crap, I don't think anyone's supposed to see you.
Lily : What happened? Did Amy do this to you?
Marshall : Just the frosted tips. I did the rest. I'm sorry, baby. I've ruined the whole wedding, haven't I?
Lily : Oh, no, you didn't ruin the wedding, sweetie. It was already ruined. There's no flowers, no photographer. Oh, and Scooter's here, by the way.
Marshall :Yeah, I know. I heard.
Lily : My veil got thrashed, the harp player is in labor, and I'm not wearing my wedding underwear.
Marshall : What? No "Property of Marshall" across the back? How are people going to know whose butt that is?
Lily : What happened? Remember the wedding we wanted, the intimate outdoor ceremony?
Marshall : I wish we could have that wedding.
Ted : So do it.
Marshall : What?
Ted : Get married now. Right here. Look, it's outside like you always wanted. Intimate, close friends. There's no guitar, but it's pretty close. Barney can officiate.
Barney : Yes. Yes, I can. Uh, excuse me, guys. You all dropped something: your jaws-- because Barney Stinson is about to aid and abet a marriage.
Marshall : Could we even do that? I mean, what about all those people in there?
Robin : Do that one, too. And then when everything goes wrong, you won't care because you already had the real wedding out here.
Marshall : What do you think, baby?
Lily : I love it.
Marshall : Me, too. Let's do it. Let's get married before we get married.
Lily : Great. Wait, hold on. Excuse me, sir. Could we borrow your hat?
Man : Okay.
Lily : Thank you. (Lily takes the hat and gives it to Marshall.)
Marshall : Hat. We thought of authentic Native American headdress before we thought of hat.
Barney : Thank you all for coming. For those of you who don't know me... I'm not the biggest believer in marriage. But... you two are so great together, you know? It's like you were, uh, made for each other.
Robin : He's gonna cry.
Barney : No, I'm not. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not. Lily and Marshall... when everyone sees you, they... see true love. It's the best love... Can we just, um, move on to the rings or something?
Marshall : Oh, no. I don't have my vows.
Lily : I don't have mine either.
Ted : You don't need your vows. Just say why you love each other.
Marshall : Okay, I'll go first. Lily, there are a million reasons why I love you. You make me laugh and you take care of me when I'm sick. You're sweet, caring and you even created an egg dish and named it after me. She puts a little Italian dressing in scrambled eggs before she cooks them. It's called "Eggs Marshall," and it's awesome. But the main reason that I love you is that you're my best friend, Lily. You're, uh... you're the best friend I ever had. I'm sorry, buddy.
Ted : No problem.
Barney : It's totally okay.
Lily : My turn. Oh, thank you. Marshall, I love you because you're funny and you make me feel loved and you make me feel safe and for our anniversary you gave me a sweatshirt that says, "Lily and Marshall. Rockin' It Since '96." I kinda wish I was wearing it right now 'cause it smells like you. But the main reason I love you, Marshall Ericksen, is you make me happy. You make me happy all the time.
Robin : Hey, I found your panties!
Lily : I'm good.
Barney : Marshall, do you take Lily to be your wife to have and to hold from this day forward?
Lily : Slow down.
Barney : I can't From this day forward so as long as you both shall live?
Marshall : I do.
Barney : Lily, do you promise to take Marshall to be your husband to have and to hold... live?
Lily : I do.
Barney : Okay, then, by the power invested in me by the very bitter old Pakistani man who works down at the courthouse on Lafayette Street, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.
(They kiss)
Marshall : Did you smoke?
Lily : No.
Robin : Wow. First lie of marriage. That was fast.
--
.festive:節日的、歡樂的

.heritage:遺產

.headdress:頭巾、頭飾

.Lily, you're not supposed to see me.
在西方婚禮,好像男方、女方不能先看到彼此,不然會有bad luck
(瞧瞧Friends的Ross和Emily XD)
也因此,新郎常常是在婚禮上才第一次看到新娘的禮服,有非常多新郎會看到感動的哭了哦!
我很喜歡這樣的習俗呢,超溫馨也超自然的!♥
可以去看看這系列的照片,超美的啦!!!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/24-grooms-seeing-their-brides-for-the-first-time-6z51

.frosted tips:
一種髮型,在頭髮的前端染成金色的。(http://goo.gl/5YCX5l


Urban Dictionary:coloring the tips of spiked hair for guys. It looks pretty good if done right.
呃…讓我想到最近很紅的一些照片…(http://fc.sharewa.com/upload_file/10/content/71085341-5443-8d39-228b-e63877e35026.jpg)不過裡頭的並不是frosted tips就是啦XD



.officiate:主持儀式

.abet:教唆

.Pakstani:巴基斯坦人的
--
很抱歉那麼晚才po啊,然後因為這段實在太感人了,也捨不得切開,就當一次兩天的份吧:D
明天開始就是最後一集囉!




沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...