How I Met Your Mother S02E18 - Moving Day 小筆記

How I Met Your Mother S02E18 - Moving Day
IMDB:
Ted and Robin decide to move in together, but nobody appears to be happy with the new living arrangements--especially Barney.
劇情:
Ted和Robin決定要同居,不過……
--

1)
Ted和Robin在上一集決定要同居了!
--
[Ted is putting his stuff in the moving truck.]
Lily: I put all your heavy jackets in this box marked "winter." And all your colorful sweaters in this box marked "Bill Cosby."
Ted: Make fun, but America loved that guy for a reason. Wow! Almost done.
Marshall: Not so fast. Take your sword.
Ted: Wow. End of an era.
Marshall: Yeah. It's a bummer to break up the set, but you're going to need that sword.
Robin: It's true my building is infested with dragons.
Marshall: Looks like our little boy is finally moving out.
Lily: It seems like just yesterday he was a cute little freshmen. Discovering Reggae and ultimate Frisbee.
Marshall: He did it later than the other kids but we never pushed him. We knew he'd get there.
--
.Bill Cosby
一位美國男喜劇演員,似乎很愛穿花花綠綠的衣服。
.bummer
bum原來是指"遊手好閒、不務正業的人"
bummer則多用在掃興、不愉快的經歷
我們會說:Oh, what a bummer!!! (http://goo.gl/tiHyfb

.infested with
infest指侵擾,或老鼠、害蟲等成群出沒的意思。
這裡Ciao也幫我們補充幾個很像的單字:
fester是"潰爛"、infect則是"感染"
.Reggae:雷鬼
.ultimate Frisbee (http://goo.gl/R0TuRA
中文可翻為「飛盤爭奪賽」,就是一種飛盤遊戲,結合足球、籃球和美式足球的精華。
我記得之前高雄世運賽好像有比過哦?很有趣呢!


2)
Barney有點反對兩人同居,不過……
--
Barney: You haven't moved in yet, have you? Good. You guys have to take this quiz. I found it in a magazine. It's called the "Are you ready to move in together?" quiz.
Robin: Well, if it's anything like you're "Are you wearing panties" quiz, I'm out.
Barney: Question one, Ted, "Do you want to move in with Robin?"
Ted: Mm. Yes.
Barney: Oh, you got the first one wrong. The answer is "no," you secretly want to be single and hang out with your awesome friend Barney." Question two. Robin, "Do you think you can score a hotter guy than Ted?" Correct. The answer was awkward silence. Question three, "Did I just make up this quiz to prove a point?" Yes. Yes, I did.
Robin: Really? You mean it's not from Old Yellow Legal Pad Magazine?
Barney: So? We all agree? We move Ted's stuff back up here?
Ted: Mm... no. We're still moving in together.
Barney: Why? This is crazy. Ted you're throwing your life away. This girl is blinding you. With her shiny hair and her boobed shaped boobs. This is bad for you, too, you know. How are you going to feel when he sees you without any makeup?
Robin: I'm not wearing makeup right now.
Barney: Holy crap, you're beautiful. All right then, how will you feel when you can't sneak the occasional cigarette?
Ted: Oh, come on, Robin doesn't smoke. Wait, do you?
Robin: Of course not. Why? Don't tell me how to live my life!
Barney: Ted, I can't let you do this.
Ted: Come on. This is happening. So instead of fighting it why, why don't you just help?
Barney: You want me to help you?
Ted: Yeah.
Barney: Okay, Ted. I'll help you. (Barney takes a box and leaves the apartment)
Ted: Can't believe we actually got him to take a box down. Maybe he's finally getting on board.
--
.old yellow legal pad(http://goo.gl/6puQI3
小黃筆記本,大家應該都看過。
不過不知為何這裡會加上一個Magazine?


.get on board
參與某事,或是贊成。
而如果上某種交通工具,也是這個片語。
--
這次單字很少啊,只好這樣了…


3)
因為家具全在Barney手上的Ted只好乖乖去赴約…
--
[Ted meets Barney at Mclaren’s]
Barney : Oh, hey, Ted. Suit and sneakers. A little Ellen DeGeneres but you pull it off.
Ted : I don't have any other shoes because you stole them along with everything else I own in the world. Where's the truck, Barney?
Barney : Barney. People's whose trucks I'm not holding for ransom call me Barney. I think you should call me The Commodore.
Ted : I'm not calling you...
Barney : You're not getting your stuff back.
Ted : Can I please have my stuff back... The Commodore?
Barney : No. Here's the deal, Ted, you're my bro. And you're about to become a henpecked, beaten down, shell of a man. So tonight, we are going to have one last awesome night together as bros. It's a bro-ing away party. A special bro-casion. A bro-choice rally. Bro-time at the Apollo.
Ted: Oh, bro me. Well, so what do I have to do?
Barney: No, it's not what you have to do, it's what you want to do, and you want to have a good time before you go take Fun Ted out back and shoot him. So... first thing on the docket... get me that girl's number.
Ted: Absolutely not.
Barney: Mm. That's too bad. Hey, hypothetical question: if I was all your stuff, would I rather be at the bottom of the East River or The Hudson?
--
.ransom:贖金、威脅
.Commodore:海軍準將(http://goo.gl/nHymvO)

.henpecked:怕老婆的
hen是母雞,peck是動詞「啄」
就想想一隻可憐的公雞被母雞一直啄,很生動吧XD
http://goo.gl/kjkAzV

.shell of a man
Friends內有句:Chances are he's gonna be this, this broken shell of a man. broken shell of a man 破碎的軀殼, 表示他很落魄的意思;
因此shell of a man有點像是行屍走肉的。



4)
Ted回到了Robin家,但他心中其實已經有了打算。
--
[At Robin’s place…]
Ted: Hey.
Robin: Hey, did you get the truck back?
Ted: No.
Robin: Why not? What happened?
Ted: Oh, he pissed me off so much, I left. Anyway, I just wanted to come back here, space out and watch a movie. Do you anything that wasn't made by John Woo?
Robin: Why, do you?
Ted: You know, forget the movie. I just want to sit. What?
Robin: It's just I eat at that table.
Ted: Fine, I'll take my shoes off. You know, why don't you just throw me down in the storage space where you have room for me.
Robin: Ted, come on.
Ted: No, you come on. I had to jump through hoops all night for Barney and then it took me an hour to get home because this place is so far away from the bar. Oh, my God.
Robin: What?
Ted: I know where Barney put my truck.
[At the bar. Barney’s with a girl…]
Girl: Let's go back to my place.
Barney: I bet you my place is closer. Here we are.
Girl: You live in the loading dock behind the bar?
Barney: I don't live here, baby. This is just my ride.
Girl : No, no, no, no. I'm not getting into any van, I've seen Silence of the Lambs. Oh, my God. We're drinking champagne in the back of a moving van.
Barney: Why, yes, Sara. Yes, we are. Those other Rockettes who called you slow are crazy.
(They start kissing and the truck moves.)
Girl: Oh, my God. I knew it. You're kidnapping me. Help! Help!
Barney: No, no, no, no. I can explain. (on the phone) Hello?
Ted: Enjoying the ride?
Barney: Ted? Ted, you let us out of here. You let us out of here this instant!
Ted: This isn't Ted. But I hear that guy's awesome.
--
這次單字真的不多,就介紹兩個吧。
.jump through hoops
這是一個習慣用語,指對於能控制自己命運的人俯首稱臣,甘願赴湯蹈火的意思。
hoop其實就是一個圈,我們想想跳火圈吧。(http://goo.gl/eevMZf

.Silence of the Lambs
電影《沉默的羔羊》!
精典(但不敢看QQ)(http://goo.gl/kt8GAQ





沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...