How I Met Your Mother S01E04 - Return of the Shirt小筆記

1)
Barney要Robin在新聞上做一些蠢事說蠢話。
--
Robin: Barney’s offering me fifty bucks to say some stupid word on a live news report.
Barney: Not some stupid word, “Booger”.
Robin: But I’m not doing it, I am a journalist.
Barney: What ? Journalist ? You do the little fluff pieces at the end of the news. Old people, babies, monkeys... that’s not journalism, that’s just things in a diaper.
Robin: For your information, my boss is about to bump me up to the City Hall beat.
Lily: City hall, Miss Thang !
Robin: So I’m not going to jeopardize my promotion by saying “Booger” for fifty bucks.
Barney: Of course not, because now you’re saying “Nipple” and it’s a hundred ! (Whispers) Step into my web.
--
booger就是鼻屎XD
順便給各位一系列的單字:
Nose-picking挖鼻屎;rheum, eye gunk, sleepydust, sleepysand, sleepyseed, sleep, sleepys, eyegoop, crusties, eye boogers眼屎;cerumen, earwax耳屎;mucus鼻涕
供大家參考:D

再來diaper是尿布
所以Barney指Robin所報導的東西都只是一些毫無意義、無關緊要的事。

bump someone up:提拔、升官

Miss Thang:Thang其實是俚語Thing的變體;指的是自視甚高的女性。
在urban dictionary則指出,這是一個有點小諷刺、挖苦的話,指某些女人覺得自己是挺強的,但實際上他們並沒有。

step into my web:掉入我的圈套吧!
附上Barney的step into my web;)






2)
Barney繼續勸Robin和他打賭XD
--
Barney: Oh, search your soul, Robin. You and I both know this wasn’t about the money. Sure, Metro News One pays you jack and hey, a little green salad on the side’s good for you, me and Mr. McGee.
Lily: Seriously, who talks like that ?
Barney: Well baby really likes, is the thrill of pulling one over on those bean counters, who under appreciate you and still haven’t promoted you. And for two more hundy-sticks, baby’s going to look in the camera and say this (Whispers in her ear)
--
jack不是人名,是俚語的「幾乎沒有、很少」的意思。這裡Barney是說Robin的公司給他很少的薪水
e.g. You don’t know jack about that.

a little green salad on the side是指有點小甜頭、小外快

Mr.McGee的說法眾說紛紜,但讀書會 Anne Li提到:「美劇《綠巨人》裡面有個角色Jack McGee和Robin同樣是記者,這邊被Barney拿來玩雙關,所以後面有green salad和Mr.McGee。」感覺可信度挺高的:)

pull one over on是欺騙

而bean counter字面上是數豆子的人,但想想看,連豆子都要仔細算的人,就是愛計較的人、小氣的人。



hundie sticks則是一百塊!!!






3)
Ted決定要和Natalie分手,但他不知道要找什麼分手理由
--
Ted: I have to do this face-to-face. I just... I don’t know what I’m going to say !
Marshall: “I’m not ready for a commitment.”
Lily: Oh, that’s such a cliché.
Marshall: It’s not a cliché, it’s a classic. It’s the stairway to heaven of breakup lines.
Lily: Well, I think Natalie deserves better.
--
cliché為法文的鉛版字的意思,現在指所謂的陳腔爛調。
他們討論出幾個分手的cliché,像是:
I'm not ready for a commitment. 我現在無法做出承諾
I'm super busy right now. 我現在忙到無心交男/女朋友
It's not you, it's me. 不是你的問題,是我的問題

其實這些cliché雖然老哏,但說實在的能夠沿用至今也有他一定的意義吧。
我也很好奇是否真的說實話就比較好呢?;)

stairway to heaven其實是一首歌,為Led Zeppeling(齊柏林飛船)的一首搖滾神作,很多搖滾樂迷心目中最棒的一首歌,尤其是詞及吉他的solo。
出於他們一張神祕的專輯,為其中最具代表性的一首歌。傳說倒帶放將會發現魔鬼崇拜的歌詞。(有興趣可以看看http://taipeilegend.pixnet.net/blog/post/28991788-搖滾樂中隱藏惡魔的訊息 ,或youtube打歌名就能聽了哦!)

因為是classic的歌,因此這裡變成形容詞,指是breakup lines(分手理由)中的經典!

(http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/2596766_Led_Zeppelin_Logo.jpg)



5)
Natalie掛了Ted的電話(hang up on sb.),Ted才想起來他們當初分手的原因。
--
[Flashback ends]
Lily: (hitting Ted with every word) Never...break...up...with...a...girl...on...her...birthday !
Ted: LILY WAIT, THE SHIRT ! I KNOW, IT WAS A MISTAKE !
Lily: Well, did she cry her eyes out ?
Ted: I don’t know.
Lily: How do you n...Oh, you didn’t !

[Flashback to Day of Break up. Ted’s on the phone]
Ted: Natalie ! Hey, Happy Birthday ! (Scene splits in two to show he’s leaving a message on her machine) Listen... you’re awesome. You really are... awesome. I’m just like super busy right now, so... maybe we should just... call it a day. But you’re awesome.
--
cry (one's) eyes out或是cry (one's) heart out都是指痛哭流涕的意思。
其實還挺具象化的,像人哭到把眼珠給掉出來的感覺…

"I'm super busy right now"其實是分手非常cliché(陳腔爛調)的台詞
因為之後還會提到,所以在這先帶一下就好。

再來的call it a day,就是停止做某件事、到此為止的意思。
當人們一天工作結束後,他們就會說"Let's call it a day!",就是指今天就到這裡為止囉!


(http://goo.gl/smbvON)


6)
Robin: Want to talk mature ? I just wrapped up a live newscast by honking my own boobs.
Barney: And great TV was had by all. Alright Scherbatsky, new challenge. And this one’s big. But so, is the cash reward. For one thousand dollars, you heard me, all you have to do is get up there on the news and do one of these... (does odd dance)
Robin: What the hell is that ?
All: The Ickey Shuffle.
Barney: And as you do it, you say this, “Elbert Ickey Woods. The Bengals were fools to cut you in ’91. Your 1521 rushing yards and your 27 touch downs will not be forgotten. So Coach Dave Shullah, screw you and your crappy steakhouse."
--
先談談mature好了,mature就是成熟的意思,我個人覺得挺好用的。
然而,我卻聽過兩種發音,一種是/mətj'ʊr/,一種是/mətʃ'ʊr/,大家可以聽聽看:http://www.input8.com/dj-kk/Mature
感覺前者像是英式發音,後者像是美式發音;在himym內,也有兩種唸法。
大家如果知道的話也麻煩告訴我,謝謝:)

再來,wrap up有finish的意思,像是「可以打包啦!」
I just wrapped up a live newscast就是我剛做完一則報導。

honk…相信Barney和Lily都熱愛吧XD 指擠某樣事物的動作XD

The Ickey Shuffle相信大家都記得Barney做這個好笑的動作XD
他是來自美式足球運動員而來,Elbert Ickey Woods是Cincinnati Bengals(辛辛那堤孟加拉虎隊)的球員,當他達陣後常常會跳這個動作,也變成他的招牌動作。
Barney那段很長的話就是在談他的事蹟,也為他抱不平。
可惜我看不懂football,然後wiki能夠查到他與Coach Dave Shullah的資料也不多XD 所以也等大家幫忙補囉!
最後補上本尊的Ickey Shuffle短片:p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9oVth5rJbg

(http://goo.gl/LYGnMp)


7)

正當Robin要準備屢行Barney的賭注時,沒想到卻被馬夫爺爺感動的要命,於是她找回她當記者的使命與初衷。
However...
--
(On TV in Bar)
Robin: (on TV) You know, Metro News One may not be number one in viewership. But this reporter takes pride in... (trips and falls off camera) Whoa !! OH ! Oh, my god ! I’m covered in horse crap ! It’s in my hair !! Oh my, ow... ow my knee.
Marshall: You planned that ?
Barney: No, Marshall. That was beyond my wildest dreams (Robin’s wailing on TV)
--
viewership就是收視率。

cover若當動詞,就是覆蓋…的表面。

crap是...大便:p
像是I don't give a crap/shit,就是表示根本不在乎,或不相信對方所說的話。
我會一直想到Friends內Rachel有次不小心脫口而出oh crap, 然後被Ben一直學的片段XD

beyond my wildest dream,其實就是做夢也沒想過、超出我的想像。

然後這集我實在想不出有什麼圖可以用,我總不能把crap拿上來吧XD
所以今天的圖就pass啦!

第四集結束!



沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...