How I Met Your Mother S01E21 - Milk 小筆記

1)
第二十一集,啊~就是想放這段啦XD
--
Barney: (Barney stands up and approaches a woman) Uh, excuse me, has anyone ever told y... Oh, my God.
Woman: What?
Barney: Oh! Call an ambulance!
Woman: What's going on?
Barney: Try not to speak. Here, sit down. Just don't talk, don't talk.
Waitress: Is she okay?
Barney: I'm serious, call 911.
Woman: What's wrong? What's the matter?
Barney: Shh! Shh! Just don't move. Don't move. Just try... Here, have some water. Water! Here, drink this. Shh! Shh!
……
Barney: Oh, thank God, you're here.
Paramedic: What is going on?!
Barney: I think there might be some internal bleeding. Probably some fractures. We got to get her to the hospital.
Woman: What are you talking about?
Barney: You've had a terrible fall.
Woman: No, I haven't.
Barney: Really? 'Cause I could swear you fell straight out of heaven. Angel... Give him your number. What? Give him your number. What?
All: Give him your number.
Barney: Come on, guys, you're embarrassing me.
All: Give him your number.
Barney: What are you...? Come on. They're not going to stop 'til you give me your number.
Woman: All right!
Barney: It works!
--
哈哈這段真的很精采!
但我也要補一些這段以外的字。
.Oy, gevalt.
意第緒語,屬於日耳曼語族語助詞。可用來表示強調語氣或是驚嘆等意思。
很像my god之類的意思,發音可以去查一下XD
 (http://goo.gl/FUYFoF)

.snooze button
snooze是貪睡、打瞌睡的意思;
那snooze button就是讓你貪睡的按鈕,也就是鬧鐘上的那個按鍵囉:D
 (http://goo.gl/os0Ely)

.paramedics
醫護人員
.fractures
裂痕,但用在這裡指骨折
相信如果考過TOEFL就知道這個單字出現在某個TPO聽力裡…


2)
Marshall一直不喜歡在Barney公司上班,但…
--
Marshall: Hey, Barney, I had some questions about filling out these requisition forms.
Barney: Binoculars. Second pair on my desk.
Marshall: I don't have time to be creepy, dude. I have a lot of work to do.
Barney: Just take a look, will ya? Okay, corner office. Top floor. Check out that guy. Name's Clark Butterfield. He works over at Nicholson, Hewitt and West and every morning, he orders a sandwich from the deli downstairs.
Marshall: So?
Barney: So guess what I did to that sandwich? Here, I took a picture.
Marshall: Oh! Sweet Lord.
Barney: And now I'm e-mailing said picture to him.
Marshall: Ooh! Duck! That is sick! Why would you do that?
Barney: Who knows? This feud goes so far back I can't remember who fired the first shot.
Marshall: You?
Barney: Totally.
Marshall: Well, look, if you would just... help me fill out these forms, that would be great. What?
Barney: Butterfield is going to retaliate within the next four hours. That's been his pattern. This is war, Eriksen. I need you to clear your schedule, call Lily, tell her you'll be home late.
Marshall: This is stupid.
Barney: Stu... Come on, man, I didn't recruit you to work here for your lawyering skills. I recruited you to be my executive mischief consultant.
Marshall: This is a job for me, Barney. It's a way to make some extra wedding money, and that's it. Now I'm sorry, but I have work to do.
Barney: Tracy, could you come in here, please? Would you please inform Mr. Eriksen that I'm no longer speaking to him.
Tracy: Mr. Eriksen, Mr. Stinson is no longer...
Marshall: I get it. Thank you, Tracy.
--
.Binoculars
雙筒望遠鏡。
原稱為:binocular telescopes、 field glasses
簡稱 glasses, nocs, binocs, noculars, binos and bins
bi- 為雙的字根。

 (http://goo.gl/n6XueL)

.feud
仇恨、世仇。
給兩個相關片語:
sink a feud:盡釋前嫌
deadly feud:不共戴天之仇
.fired the first shot
我們都說「先開槍」啦XD
就是誰先引起這個戰爭的。
.retaliate
報復




3)
Ted居然接到電話,說找到他的真命天女了?
--
Ted: I don't understand. What happened to Ellen Pierce? Doesn't she run this place?
Bob: Well, my firm bought out the company. You know, we're a high-end meats and textiles conglomerate, but the geniuses at corporate decided they wanted to diversify, so... here I am.
Ted: So I'm in good hands. You found me a match?
Bob: There she is. Your soul mate. That'll be 500 bucks.
Ted: No way. The last time I did this, the girl turned out to be engaged.
Bob: She's not engaged. She's your soul mate. Just read the file.
Ted from 2030: So I read the file. And by God, this woman was perfect. She liked dogs, she spent her summers in North Carolina, she played bass guitar, she did the Times crossword, she played tennis, she liked old movies, her favorite food was lasagna, her favorite book was Love in the Time of Cholera, her favorite singer was Otis Redding and she wanted two kids-- a boy and a girl.
Ted: All right, fine. Set it up.
--
.high-end
高品質、高檔的
.textile
紡織品
.conglomerate
集團、聯合企業
.good hand
可參考You’re in good hands,指現在處理事情的人是專家,事情交到他手上非常穩當。
good hand指:專家、好手
.Love in the Time of Cholera
小說,《愛在瘟疫蔓延時》,又名《霍亂時期的愛情》,是哥倫比亞作家加夫列爾•賈西亞•馬奎斯的小說。
 (http://goo.gl/Aejyli)

--
好像沒什麼單字啊..


4)
Lily在Ted準備約會之前打給他。
--
[At Duchess County]
Ted from 2030: And so, one $90 cab ride later, I was in the middle of nowhere.
Lily: Oh, thank God. I'm so sorry about this. Did you get ahold of your date?
Ted: Yes.
Lily: And was she okay about pushing it back?
Ted: Yes. Because she's perfect. So what am I doing here?
Lily: You can never tell Marshall.
Ted: I won't.
Lily: Ever. Swear. Swear on the lives of your unborn boy and girl.
Ted: I swear on Luke and Leia.
Lily: About a month ago, I started getting insomnia. Marrying Marshall had been all I wanted for a long time. But, now that it was really happening, it seemed kind of huge and scary.
Ted: Did you talk to Marshall about it?
Lily: He wouldn't have understood. He's not exactly nervous about tying the knot. So I spent my nights reading, painting, setting the high score on Super Bomber Man...
Ted: That was you? Awesome!
Lily: I know! I just got in the zone and... Not the point of the story. And then I started thinking about Victoria and how she followed her dream to Germany, and I found that art fellowship.
Ted: Let me guess. It's somewhere far away.
Lily: San Francisco. But it's not like I'm going to do it. The dates conflict with the wedding. But I love painting, and I've always wondered if I'm any good. This was a way to find out. And the interview is tonight. In New Haven.
Ted: You don't want to get married.
Lily: Of course I want to get married. I... It's not like I was ever going to do it. I just... I just really wanted to see if I could get this.
Ted: Lily, we live in the center of art and culture in America. I'm sure you could find a program here that's just as selective. But you chose one in a city 3,000 miles away, and you didn't tell Marshall. I think it's pretty clear what that means.
Lily: Okay, I was... I was having second thoughts. But I'm not any more. I... I mean, this flat tire was a sign. I'm not supposed to do this. I'm supposed to go home and-and be with Marshall. You must think I'm so stupid.
Ted: I don't think you're stupid.
Lily: I love Marshall.
Ted: I know you do. Come here. It's okay. Look... Marriage is big. You're allowed to freak out.
Lily: But why am I the only one? How come Marshall isn't doing anything crazy?
--
.Luke and Leia
Ted未來的小朋友名字XD
其實實際上是星際大戰的人名哦~

 (http://goo.gl/ruSyu4


.insomnia
失眠。
記得我們說過-ia是病、症的字根嗎?;)
.tie the knot
tie是打,knot是結,所以就是「打結」。
不過這個片語也指結婚。似乎是因為以前結婚典禮要打結,故衍伸為片語。
 (http://goo.gl/gzpZuU)
.Super Bomber Man
欸…超級炸彈人,相信大家一定都玩過!

沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...