How I Met Your Mother S01E13 - Drumroll, Please 小筆記

1)

Ted參加婚禮時,遇到了Victoria
---
(pictures of brides and grooms at their weddings)
Future Ted VO: Kids, in life there are a lot of big romantic moments, and they make life worth living. But here's the problem, moments pass, and lurking just around the corner from those moments is a cruel, unshaven bastard named reality.

[INT. WEDDING RECEPTION: Ted, Barney and Tanya, a bridesmaid, sit]
Future Ted VO: And so, back in 2006, on the night of Claudia and Stuart's wedding, reality was the enemy.
Tanya: Wow, the Peace Corps?
Barney: Yeah, I ship out tomorrow for two years. You know, some people say the Peace Corps is the most noble thing a person can do. To those people, I say, "Is it?" And usually they say, "yes it is."
Tanya: Barney, they are so right. I wish there was something I could do.
Barney: Oh, Tanya, I'm so glad you said that. (Barney leans over and whispers to Tanya)

Future Ted VO: This wasn't how I thought the night would turn out.
(Ted's dream scenario of him and Robin dancing)
Future Ted VO: This was finally supposed to be my big moment with Robin. But then reality came along.

[flashback to Robin getting called to do news, then flashback of Robin anchoring the news]
Future Ted VO: Robin got called up last minute to anchor the 11 o'clock news. It was her big break.

[back to present scene]
Future Ted VO: And I went to the wedding stag. Then, when I least expected it... (Ted notices girl and smiles, Girl smiles back)
--
lurking,動詞原型lurk,為潛伏的意思。

而Barney說自己是Peace Corps,這是美國的「和平隊」。
詳細可以看這兒。
http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-tw/%E5%92%8C%E5%B9%B3%E9%98%9F
其實就是義務幫忙國外的志工服務。台灣也有相關的連結,大家可以直接google Peace Corps就可以了:D

turn out,片語,指「結果」;scenario則是「情節」,這個詞在劇本中真的挺常出現的。
stag,是指沒有異性陪伴參加舞會等活動,特別指男生單身地,是副詞哦!





2)
Victoria和Ted在討論一些事情。
--
[flashback to Ted talking to Victoria at wedding]
Victoria: I should tell you, I have a rule. I never hook up at weddings.
Ted: I'm guessing you haven't always had this rule.
Victoria: Well, here's the thing. Those big romantic moments, they're great when they happen, but they're not real.
Ted: Exactly. Exactly, like, like just now, when I saw you doing the chicken dance out there, I'm not gonna lie to you, big time thunderbolt.
Victoria: You should see me tap-dance. You'd be down on bended knee.
Ted: Sadly not out of character. But I know now it's just a mirage.
Victoria: Wedding goggles.
Ted: Exactly. And that, in a nutshell, is why I'm not putting the moves on you.
Victoria: This isn't the moves?
Ted: What, you think this is the moves? Believe me, you'd know the moves. People ten tables away would know the moves.
--
hook up我們最常指,某人好上了,可能make out或是have sex,不過也可以指recieve a good or service as a favor。這裡只是提醒一詞有多義,但劇本這裡就只是make out的意思啦XD

thunderbolt字面上就是雷電,但可以引伸為一見鍾情的那一刻。
tap-dance也就是踢踏舞囉!

out of character則也有多種涵義,像是
1. unlike one's usual behavior.
2. inappropriate for the character that an actor is playing.
3. surprise
mirage原本就是指海市蜃樓的意思,因此也可以指幻景、幻象。

Wedding goggles...唔

 (http://goo.gl/YEQoW3)


goggles指護目鏡。
有些人覺得是因為女生在婚禮上很容易感覺到絕望和脆弱感,就像戴了護目鏡一樣很容易與其他男賓客發生關係,同樣的詞則有bridesmaid goggles,好像也是出自HIMYM XD

而in a nutshell,就是簡而言之的意思啦!
這兒Tiffany很貼心的拿了Sherlock劇中的對話來做例子XD
Mycroft: i will be the mother
Sherlock: And there is a whole childhood in a nutshell.




3)
Victoria和Ted在討論一些事情,承上篇。
--
Ted: What, you think this is the moves? Believe me, you'd know the moves. People ten tables away would know the moves.
Victoria: That's too bad.
Ted: Tell me about it.
Victoria: You know, I think I have a solution.
Ted: Interested.
Victoria: And, to preface this, we're not going to sleep together tonight.
Ted: Less interested. (Victoria laughs) Go ahead.
Victoria: OK. So the thing that always screws it up is the next day, right? So, why don't we just cut that part out.
Ted: What are you saying?
Victoria: I'm saying, I'm here, you're here, and this is a big, romantic wedding. Why don't we just dance and have a great time and then when it's over, never see each other again.
Ted: Unless...
Victoria: No, no unless. No emails, no phone numbers, not even names. Tonight we will make a memory that will never be tarnished. And then, when we're old and gray, we'll look back on this night and it'll be perfect.
Ted: Wow. OK, I'm in.
Victoria: OK.
Ted: I guess, what, we'll need fake names?
Victoria: Um, you can call me Buttercup. (Victoria extends hand, Ted shakes it)
Ted: Pleased to meet you, Buttercup. I'm Lando Calrissian. (Victoria laughs) Wow, this is kind of exciting. Our names will forever be shrouded...
(Barney comes up to Ted with a bridesmaid)
Barney: Ted, Ted, Ted, look, I got a bridesmaid, Ted, look, look, Ted, the second hottest bridesmaid, Ted, look. See ya Ted. (Barney leaves quickly with Tanya)
Ted: So, I'm Ted.
Victoria: Victoria. But no last names.
Ted: No last names.
--
Tell me about it是用來附合別人的話。感覺起來其實很像"還需要你來告訴我",但是非常溫和、好的語氣哦!
一時也想不到更好的中文翻法,大家就先記起來吧!



preface則是前言、序言。
tarnish是玷污、變晦暗的意思,也可以+ed後變成形容詞tarnished
而Victoria的店:Buttercup,其實是一種花名「毛茛」
飛天小女警的毛毛就是Buttercup哦>////<

 (http://goo.gl/aGT4qh)


而Lando Calrissian是Star Wars裡頭的一個角色,大家可以去咕狗就會看到了。
shrouded則是被隱藏、被覆蓋的意思。
--
然後.....今天就到這裡吧:D
我個人覺得除了Mom之外,Victoria是Ted歷屆女友中我最喜歡的一個:3 不知道大家覺得呢?







4)
Ted很想知道Victoria真正的身份,於是想說要請Claudia告訴他…
--
Marshall: A drumroll? That's it. So, what, you just said good-night, came home, and performed a drum solo?
Lily: Oh, Ted, you're such a doof. I mean, this girl sounds amazing.
Ted: She was completely amazing. She was amazing and funny and we connected on every level. And, I'm never gonna see her again. (Ted gets up and walks towards kitchen, turns back suddenly toward Lily and Marshall) Dammit, I have to see her again.
Lily, Marshall: Yes.
Marshall: So, let's get to work, man. What else do you know about her?
Ted: Nothing. Her name's Victoria, that's all I got. Wait, Claudia, Claudia would know.
Lily: Well, Claudia's on her honeymoon. She'll be back in two weeks. Call her then.
Ted: Yes, two weeks, good idea. I'm calling her now. (Ted starts dialing his cell phone)
Lily: No, Ted, you don't mess with a honeymoon.
Marshall: Yeah, come on, dude. Ask her about the cake.
--
這集的名字叫"Drumroll, Please",drumroll應該就是指擊鼓聲。
大家應該看過一些綜藝節目,當節目進行到高潮前通常都會有配音,如一連串的擊鼓聲來預示接下來將要重要的事情會發生,這就是drumroll。
那這裡就引伸成:當兩個人要接吻前的那段緊張又甜蜜的時刻-///-

 (http://i47.tinypic.com/jpz9sp.jpg)


doof就是呆瓜,dufus/doofus的意思。
honeymoon大家應該就很清楚囉,就是渡蜜月啦:D
--
最近的單字好少哦...





5)
Ted決定問Barney有沒有伴娘的電話,來找Victoria
--
[INT. MASSAGE PARLOR: Barney lying down getting massage, masseuse is standing on Barney's back, Barney's phone vibrates, he answers]
Barney: This better be good, I'm about to enter nirvana. By the way, I should give you Nirvana's phone number, she gives a great massage. Say what?
Nirvana: Barney. (Nirvana kicks Barney)
Barney: Ow. I know the house rules. Es un chiste.
(Ted on phone)
Ted: Uh, listen, Barney, I saw you talking to that bridesmaid last night. Did you happen to get her phone number?
(Barney on phone)
Barney: You know I did.
(Ted on phone)
Ted: Great. I'm gonna need you to call her for me.
(Barney on phone)
Barney: You know I won't.
(Ted on phone)
Ted: Why not?
--
parlor就是小店。其實也可以有客廳、單間、小旅館……等等的意思。
masseuse是女按摩師,源自法語masseur(男按摩師)。法文的單字分為陰陽兩性,尾巴是e的通常是陰性!
而nirvana其實也就是佛教用語,指涅槃;那個女按摩師也叫做Nirvana
因此Barney的那句話是雙關哦XDDD
Es un chiste,就是西班牙文的It is a joke!誰叫Barney要在店裡開那種玩笑呢XD
happen to 則是碰巧。
--
啊真的能講的不多,就少少的單字片語吧XD




6)
Ted央求Barney打電話給伴娘:3
--
[INT. MACLAREN'S: Ted, Barney, Marshall, and Lily sit at booth]
Barney: Because we just hooked up last night. I can't call the girl the next day. I have to wait at least, like, forever. Oh snap. Never gonna call her. Besides, she thinks I'm on my way to India.
Lily: Oh, come on, Barney. It's for a good cause.
Barney: Ted going all castrati over another girl is exactly not a good cause. Sorry, buddy, I wish I could help you, my hands are tied. Oh no, wait, that was last night. (Barney makes whip sound)
Ted: OK, Barney, I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. You make this call and I will go with you to Foxy Boxing.
Barney: Really?
Ted: Yeah.
Barney: But you always said that Foxy Boxing girls were neither foxy nor good at boxing.
Ted: I'm ready to be proven wrong.
Barney: Tonight?
Ted: Tonight. Dial.
Barney: (on phone) Yeah, Tanya, turns out I don't leave for the Peace Corps until tomorrow. Yeah, I know, sucks. Just one fewer day I get to help people. Anyway, this girl, any idea who she was? Hold on. (to Ted) What kind of shoes ... (on phone) Tanya, he's a dude. He's not gonna know what kind of shoes she was wearing.
Ted: Actually.
Barney: Oh come on.
--
hook up大家應該都知道就是和某人好上,不過也可以有結婚的意思哦!但為了清楚不產生歧義,還是盡量別用hook up去講自己結婚了吧XD

再來的castrati是閹伶,也就是閹割過的男歌手。這類藝人為了要維持童聲,所以去勢..。這樣的背景據說和16世紀的歐洲有關,因為女性當時不能在唱詩班演唱,有些男性為了代替女性唱某些音域的歌曲,而產生的。
這裡補充個冷門但大家都很熟悉的單字:太監(宦官)吧!
英文稱為eunuch,據說源自希臘文的「守護床的人」轉變而來,即是為了守護後宮而來的。

而foxy boxing是一種拳擊賽,選手是女生,通常穿著很露,因此大部份的人並不是為了看拳擊而去的XD Ted對foxy boxing的評語是:neither foxy nor good at boxing,挺有趣的XD
呃..這兒放張foxy boxing的照片,我盡力了!

 (http://goo.gl/HKNjcD)


Peace Corps上次已經談過了,這兒就不多提了哦:D
下一集能談的東西多了一點,大家敬請期待!



沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...