How I Met Your Mother S02E02 - The Scorpion and the Toad 小筆記

1)
Marshall等人在Bar,Barney想教Marshall如何生活;)
--
Marshall: Oh, God!
Barney: Marshall, being a single guy in New York city is like... Pfff... What does everybody like?
Marshall: Candy.
Barney: Yeah! It's like being in a candy store. You just walk right in and grab yourself some Whoppers. Yeah. Is Whoppers the best ones?
Ted: Mounds.
Barney: Milk Duds.
Ted: Gobstoppers.
Barney: Um...
Ted from 2030: This went on for another hour. I'll just skip to the end.
Ted: Dubble Bubbles.
Barney: Nice! Marshall, we're doing this. I am not taking no for an answer.
Marshall: Fine.
Ted (on the phone): Hey Robin. Marshall checked out your ass.
Marshall: Ted, what is wrong with you?
Robin (on the phone): He checked out my ass? Hey, tell him thanks. I felt like I was having a bad ass day. Cool. See ya.
--
這裡出現一堆的糖果名,來介紹一下:
.Whoppers:The Hershey Company的糖果,小小的,裡頭包著牛奶口味的巧克力。 http://goo.gl/MVXAgr


.Mounds:Hershey’s製造的糖果,似另一種糖(Almond Joy)。裡頭包著椰子口味的巧克力餅。http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Candy-Mou
.Milk Duds:焦糖巧克力https://theyearofdenise.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/milk-duds-31.jpg
.Gobstoppers:一種硬糖果,有很多種顏色,裡頭似乎每種顏色就有不同的口味。 gob為英國的俚語,為嘴巴的意思。http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:JawbreakerRainbow.jpg

.Bubble Bubble:泡泡糖。
似乎遊戲「泡泡龍」就叫:Dubble Bubble Shooter
http://www.gumball.com/images/double-bubble-logo.jpg




2)
Barney帶Marshall去外面到處玩。
--
Barney: Let's review Barney's rules for mating without dating. Lesson two: corollary five.
Marshall: Make a beautiful woman feel self-conscious and unattractive and she'll be putty in your hands.
Barney: Excellent. Have you chosen your entrée?
Marshall: I have. A sweet brunette, eight o'clock. Nine o'clock. Ten; thirty. She's walking to the bar.
Barney: Her? Really? No, you're right. Ambition is the enemy of success. OK, hit it.
Marshall (to the girl): Hey four-eyes. You got astigmatism or something? I'm sorry, I was trying to be playful but I just got out of a long relationship. I have no idea what I'm doing! I'm Marshall.
--
.corollary
[邏輯、數學]推論、必然結果
.putty in your hands
片語:(be) putty in sb's hands,指容易被操控、影響。
putty是油灰、灰泥
所以有商家也據這個片語創了灰色的指甲油XD
 (http://goo.gl/mSeyii)

.Entrée
法文,主菜!
.brunette
可以指:黑髮或褐髮女孩
 (http://goo.gl/7iuBue)

.astigmatism
散光,或說亂視。因為那個女孩子戴著眼鏡,Marshall只好找個話題吧:3



3)
Barney都搶走了Marshall的女伴XD
--
[At the apartment.]
Marshall: I hate you.
Barney: I am so sorry. It's a sickness. I'm the real victim here.
Marshall: Twice! Twice in a row you took my candy! That was my candy!
Barney: I know but tonight...
Marshall: No, forget it. You're such a jackass!
Barney (with « you're a jerk » writing on his hand): I though you were gonna call me a jerk. All right, I'm sorry. But I will make it up to you. Tonight, we'll go to a college bar near NYU. The Scorpion & The Toad. I figure in a younger crowd you'll seem more mature, more worldly. And, as a third-year law student, more smarter.
Marshall: OK, but no magic. (He turns to Barney who disappeared). How did you do that?
Barney: I'm taking a leak, dumb-ass.
--
.in a row
片語「連續」,單字row是一排、一列
其實簡單的可以用副詞consecutively

 (http://goo.gl/Udr9zm)

.worldly
世故的、老練的、見識多廣的
.take a leak
應該在第一季談過,指:上洗手間
leak是漏出、流出
算是很常用的片語哦!
--
p.s. 因為祭止兀事件,我才驚覺以往都忘了注意智慧財產權Q_Q很抱歉
現在開始我都會選擇通過創用CC的圖片了:)



4)
Lily終於說出實話。
--
Lily: I never got in touch because I was too embarrassed. I screwed everything up. I have no job, no place to live. I lost the love of my life. Look, I know I have no right to ask this but do you think Marshall would take me back?
Ted: In a heartbeat. If you called him up, yeah, he'd take you back with open arms.
Lily: Wow. So, maybe I should call him?
Ted: Maybe. No! This is... Ooww... Hold on. Look. If you're gonna go back to him, I don't wanna hear the word "maybe". "Maybe" cannot be in your vocabulary. This break-up almost killed him. And he cannot go through it again. So, unless you're absolutely certain , stay the hell away from him.
Robin (laughing): This guy like pennies!
--
.in a heartbeat
今天只有這個片語
指「馬上」、「立刻」
e.g. If I had the money, I would go back to college in a heartbeat.


5)
Marshall和Barney和一對雙胞胎double date!
--
Ted from 2030: So Uncle Marshall and Uncle Barney went out on a double date with the twins.
Barney: How are you doing?
Marshall: Great. Amazing. This is so much fun. Me and the girl are really cliking.
Barney: You are. You definitely are. Listen, you're gonna have to leave now. I just talked with the twins and, get this, I'm going home with both of them! Yeah. That's happening.
Marshall: It is impossible that you're doing this to me again.
Barney: But they're twins.
Marshall: You said to me that being single would be like being in a candy store.
Barney: Well, it's not like a candy store. It's a lawless, post-apocalyptic wasteland. I may be your best friend...
Marshall: Ted's my best friend.
Barney: ...but in this world it's every hombre for himself. That's what being single is. And after nine years of captivity, that is the single greatest lesson I can teach you about surviving in the wild. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have two unique breasts an two duplicates waiting for me. (Barney rejoins the twins, Marshall leaves the bar). Oh bad news. Marshall got food poisoning.
Twin 1: What?
Twin 2: That's so bad. I really liked him.
Barney: Yeah. I guess we're just a threesome tonight.
--
.post-apocalyptic
末日幻想。
是設定遇到毀滅性的災難後的世界和或文明,像是核戰、瘟疫、外星生命入侵…等等。

 (http://goo.gl/Xxz7FB)

.wasteland
荒地
.captivity
囚禁
--
這集的單字就到這裡哦,好像沒什麼特別的:3



沒有留言:

張貼留言

語言學知識型Podcast:《語言好好玩》

今天在寫ARG文時才發現網誌好久沒更新了XD 最近的新動態是在「 鏡文化 」開Podcast節目,《語言好好玩》,自己推薦大家來聽XD 是一個語言學的科普節目,用生活化的例子來談些語言學的知識,歡迎大家收聽 <3 自寫稿自錄自繪圖,產業一條龍XDDD 也歡...